Associate Producer, News & Programming, CNBC Digital Video
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
CNBC Digital Video is looking for a business-news obsessed associate producer for its News and Programming team, to assist in a new cryptocurrencies-focused franchise. The role requires editing, booking, producing and scripting of original videos on tight deadlines. Some projects will be expected to be produced/edited within a couple of hours, while others may take a day or two to pull together.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, disciplined and tech-savvy producer who can work in a fast-paced daily-news environment and collaborate across several different departments within CNBC. This producer can write clearly and to develop a structure for news video scripts, explainers, profiles, and reviews.
The associate producerâ€™s main responsibilities will include editing, scripting, booking for, and producing digital original news packages.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of 1 year, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
What youâ€™ll do:
• Assist producers with the production of a daily, digital-first news show
• Pitch, produce and edit original videos on cryptocurrencies and related industries
• Craft compelling and accurate headlines and descriptions for videos appearing on CNBC.com and other platforms
• Work on daily assignments at direction of the Supervising Producer of News and Programming
Here are examples of projects this producer will be expected to work on:
• The IRS is coming after crypto profits: CNBC After Hours
• Much-anticipated bitcoin futures ETF makes its debut on the NYSE
• Why bitcoinâ€™s latest rally is different from the rest: CNBC After Hours https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/10/07/why-bitcoins-latest-rally-is-different-from-the-rest.html
What weâ€™ll offer:
Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:
Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employment
Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employment
When you join the NBCUniversal family, youâ€™ll getâ€¦
Weâ€™re a global company that values our employeeâ€™s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that weâ€™re smarter, more dynamic and better together. Thatâ€™s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What youâ€™ll bring:
At least 1 year of experience working in a fast-paced digital or TV newsroom
• Strong writing skills and news judgement
• Ability to work under tight deadline pressures
• A passion for cryptocurrencies and related technologies
• Working experience in Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro and Photoshop), in a wide range of digital cine cameras and related lighting equipment, and in other relevant software and hardware. Ability to capture clean audio.
• Demonstrated experience in interviewing, producing, and researching. Understanding of journalism standards.
• Able to identify compelling characters and angles
• Ability to professionally communicate with peers and managers. Ability to receive and incorporate feedback from others
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Youâ€™ll stand out if:
You have knowledge of After Effects
• You have experience shooting with Canon 5D, Canon C100 and Canon C300 in field and studio settings is a plus