Associate Producer, Fast Money
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage, business content and general news consumed by more than 544 million people per month across all platforms. The network's 15 live hours a day of news programming in North America (weekdays from 5:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also offers content through its vast portfolio of digital products such as: CNBC.com, which provides financial market news and information to CNBC's investor audience; CNBC Make It, a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. To learn more, visit https://www.cnbc.com/digital-products/. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBCUniversal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/cnbc. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit http://www.NBCUniversal.com.
What you'll do:
CNBC is looking for an Associate Producer for Fast Money. In this newscast, you will be an integral part of covering the most significant financial news stories of the day.
• Working with Executive Producer, Senior Producers, Producers and segment producers to produce CNBC Business News program
• Assisting with the coordination of elements for daily business program
• Writing copy for daily segments
• Being resourceful and creative in helping to deliver the program's message, including use of clips and graphics
• Finding background information on a wide range of business and financial news stories using a variety of sources such as the internet, newspapers and magazines
• Researching segment ideas and segment information as directed
• Assisting in the booking of guests
• Assisting producers with story production and pre-interviews
• Creating graphics, charts & triggering these elements daily in the control room.
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll getâ€¦
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or business; or an equivalent degree
• At least 2 years of television production experience
• Experience with independently developing own story ideas, conducting research, and planning show segments
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Schedules will rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights.
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed.
• Exceptional editorial skills: ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Strong analytical skills
• Exemplary interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively across functions and levels
• Proactive thinker / self-starter
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines under pressure
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].