Associate Producer, Digital Video
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
CNBC is seeking an enthusiastic Associate Producer to join our growing digital video team. The AP will be a talented shooter and creative editor, have a passion for visual storytelling and business news, and thrive in a fast-paced news environment. The role includes pitching, creating and owning smart original projects, and working with other reporters and producers on their stories, as well.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting idea-generator who can capture footage and interviews from the field and produce strong journalism from their desk, using text, graphics, and third-party footage to build engaging segments.
Editorial judgment, writing and editing experience are paramount. The AP will be collaborating with reporters, producers and senior producers to craft sharp scripts and video content on tight deadlines. The ideal applicant has prior experience editing videos for a digital news organization. They will be a master of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop. Knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
Candidates with a passion to explore and understand the world around them with a keen eye on stories that fit the CNBC brand will be successful in this role.
Here are some examples of videos the producers will be creating:
Why Americans Love Taco Bell
How Kmart Went From Beating Walmart And Target To Bankruptcy
Lost In Translation:
Why Ford And Other American Cars Don't Sell In Japan
Why McDonald's Flopped In Vietnam
Why Is Costco Opening Its Own Chicken Farm?
• At least 1 year of experience with all aspects of digital video production including shooting, editing, lighting, and scripting
• Strong knowledge of current events and business news
• The ability to pitch compelling story ideas within a series
• Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, and other industry standard equipment and tools
• Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Ability to edit deep-dive explainers using social best practices targeting YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and related platforms
• Solid scriptwriting ability and punchy copy writing/video annotation skills a must
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and ability to work well under deadline pressure
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ--perks include free shuttle transportation, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more!