Associate Account Executive, CNBC Event Sales
CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNBC is seeking a high-performing individual to play a key role in growing CNBC Events sponsorship revenue and executing our go-to-market sales strategy. We're looking for a dynamic team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, hardworking, entrepreneurial atmosphere as part of this high-priority business line.
As an Associate Account Executive of CNBC Events Sales, you will be part of the team executing the CNBC Events sales strategy for the global leader in business news and money-themed content. You will help conceive lucrative and editorially compelling event concepts, identify and pitch potential sponsors and ultimately deliver new revenue to CNBC Events, Television and Digital. You will work both autonomously and in partnership with the NBC News Group media sales team to close new clients and business as well as with the broader CNBC Events Production and Editorial teams to deliver on and exceed client expectations.
The Associate Account Executive is responsible for furthering all sponsorship and monetization efforts for the growing CNBC Events team, which produces more than 30 conferences, thought leadership dinners, and other live events annually. This position is based in New York City and reports to the Director of Sales.
• Responsible for prospecting and outreach to new clients
• Curating prospective sponsor lists by category and by event
• Initial cold calls and outreach emails to clients
• Tracking contacts and outreach cadence
• Oversee contract process including assembly, revisions, and communication with legal
• Main liaison with finance team
• Tracking/confirming TV and digital media revenue splits for each sponsor
• Tracking AE splits per sponsor
• Responsible for tracking sponsor media campaigns including flighting, and screenshots of TV and digital programs for recaps.
• Responsible for pulling reports from systems such as PAM, PAT, and Media Radar.
• Responsible for maintaining all tracking documents including:
• Revenue tracker
• Competitive event & sponsor tracker
• Industry & networking events for sales team to attend
• ''Golden ticket'' client management list
• Account mapping at clients (Example: top 10 contacts at each client)
• Event attendee lists for potential event sponsors
• Responsible for soft-touch client follow up which can include thank you notes/gifts post-events, communications around news/announcements, etc.
• Oversee agency strategy including:
• PR firms (what clients they have)
• Smaller agencies (media team isn't calling on and outer markets)
• Large agencies – new contacts for strategy, content, events, etc.
• College Degree
• Two or more years of related experience, ideally in media sales/marketing or events
• Solid experience with Microsoft Excel-Salesforce is a plus
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
• Strong communication and writing skills (writing sample will be required)
• Demonstrate professional sales presentation skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
• Possess a positive, can-do attitude
• Ability to work independently, with clients, and across multi-functional teams
• Must be a team player, self-motivated, and able to perform tasks accurately and in a timely fashion while working in a fast-paced environment
• Intellectual curiosity and passion for media/advertising/entertainment and live events