Full Time Job
The Assistant Producer contributes to building and producing CNBC's business news shows and show segments, working with the Executive Producer on overall content and production. The role is ideal for you if you are looking to build on existing experience in TV News production with experience in, or a real passion for business, economics, and financial markets.
• Assist in building compelling business news content for CNBC's core programming.
• Writing scripts, building graphics and selecting video, soundbites and sound elements for the show.
• Building guest and reporter segments using iNews and CNBC's in-house systems.
• Producing show graphics including straps, full frame graphics and video wall elements.
• Booking and pursuing top guests and work to develop new guest relationships.
• Developing strong reporting skills in interviewing and pre-interviewing guests.
• Researching, reading and pursuing relevant and compelling content to develop strong news discernment.
• Fulfilling an assistant gallery production role.
• Occasional assignment to CNBC's live or pre-recorded outside broadcasts
• Communicating with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors and operations staff.
• Collaborating with departments, especially operations, the gallery and graphics, to make the best possible programming. Work with CNBC global teams as necessary.
You will have:
• A university Degree or equivalent and a real passion for/or experience in business news, economics and financial markets
• Previous experience in TV News Production and monitoring, selecting and delivering breaking news
• Capability to handle short deadlines and work in a face-paced and demanding news environment.
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of INews or similar TV Production and graphics systems
• A deep understanding of the role of Social Media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery
- Eligible to work in the UK
- High standard of written English
- Additional languages would be beneficial