Assistant Producer, Programming
Full Time Job
Division: CNBC (UK) Limited
Position: Assistant ProducerBand: PBReports to: Supervising Producer Location: London
NBC Universal International
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC (UK) Ltd
CNBC is the number one network for business news and broadcasts eleven hours of live programming across our EMEA and Asia Pacific markets every business day from its TV studios based in the City of London, Singapore and Hong Kong. CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products including CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data; and a suite of apps including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
The Assistant Producer contributes to building and producing CNBCâ€˜s business news shows and show segments, working with the Executive Producer on overall content and production. The role is ideal for you if you are looking to build on existing experience in TV News production with experience in, or a real passion for business, economics, and financial markets.
• Assist in building compelling business news content for CNBC's core programming.
• Writing scripts, building graphics and selecting video, soundbites and sound elements for the show.
• Building guest and reporter segments using iNews and CNBC's in-house systems.
• Producing show graphics including straps, full frame graphics and video wall elements.
• Booking and pursuing top guests and work to develop new guest relationships.
• Developing strong reporting skills in interviewing and pre-interviewing guests.
• Researching, reading and pursuing relevant and compelling content to develop strong news discernment.
• Fulfilling an assistant gallery production role.
• Occasional assignment to CNBC's live or pre-recorded outside broadcasts
• Communicating with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors and operations staff.
• Collaborating with departments, especially operations, the gallery and graphics, to make the best possible programming. Work with CNBC global teams as necessary.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You will have:
• A university Degree or equivalent and a real passion for/or experience in business news, economics and financial markets
• Previous experience in TV News Production and monitoring, selecting and delivering breaking news
• Capability to handle short deadlines and work in a face-paced and demanding news environment.
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of INews or similar TV Production and graphics systems
• A deep understanding of the role of Social Media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery
• Eligible to work in the UK
• High standard of written English
• Additional languages would be beneficial
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
NBCUniversal are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer.