Assistant Producer - News Desk
CNBCAbu Dhabi, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 6/1/2021 7:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Assistant Producer - News Desk jobs in Abu Dhabi-AZ
Search all Assistant Producer - News Desk postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Producer - News Desk?
Full Time Job
Division: CNBC (UK) Limited
Position: Assistant Producer
Reports to: Producer
Location: United Arab Emirates
NBC UNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC (UK) LTD
CNBC is the world's number one channel for business news and broadcasts twelve hours of live programming on the EMEA and Asia Pacific markets every business day from its TV studios based in the City of London and Singapore. CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products including CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data; and a suite of apps including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
The News Desk Assistant Producer is responsible for booking guests and forward planning for CNBC International's Middle East operations. The role is ideal for candidates with existing TV production experience and proven knowledge of business news content and must have a keen interest in business, economics, geopolitics and financial markets.
- Identifying and pitching key stories and editorial themes
- Booking and segment-producing of guests
- Research stories and guests
- Contributing to guest and reporter segments using iNews and CNBC's in-house systems.
- Communication with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors, and operations staff regarding guests interviews
- Supporting live show producers in a breaking news environment
- Field-producing polished and professional outside broadcasts, overseeing logistics of field-productions
- Supporting the Producer on bureau planning, upcoming events and coverage
- Researching topics and summarizing findings for producers & presenters
- Working with digital and social teams on joint stories and production efforts
- Working alongside the Video News Associate Producer to deliver content across social platforms from an editorial perspective
- Basic script writing and creating accurate interview transcripts
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in TV News Production and monitoring, selecting and delivering breaking news
- Good understanding of business and financial news
- Capable of handling short deadlines and work in a fast-paced and demanding live news environment
- Good knowledge and interest of markets in the Middle East and geopolitics
- Excellent communication skills
- High standard of written English
- Additional languages would be beneficial. Arabic fluency is an advantage, but not essential
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
NBCUniversal are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer.