Full Time Job
• Provide regular updates with regards to business development and clients' meetings
• To work with the line manager to ensure his/her individual sales targets are on track for success.
• To meet specified quarterly / annual revenue goals.
• To generate new client revenues and maximize client retention for CNBC & cnbc.com in China
• To work with the creative solutions team to ensure that you are proposing the ''best possible solution'' to the client's brief that is targeted, bespoke and demonstrates a clear understanding of the clients business and advertising/communication needs.
• Support the China sales team effort by providing information and account support where appropriate to secure global advertisers.
• Manage client and agency relationships and oversee both clients and agencies of current and targeted accounts.
• To undertake accurate and timely pipeline reporting as required for CNBC Management.
• To manage and limit cost of sale expenditure in client packages whilst still providing creative, cost efficient solutions for your clients.
• To propose CNBC events – bespoke or otherwise wherever possible, when it makes sense for the client and for CNBC.
• Other duties as assigned by the line manager.
• At least 5 years of media sales experience, preference for candidates with experience in media or TV in China.
• Must have profound understanding of government relations and practices, plus good contacts with a proven tracking record of success. Good relationship with central/provincial/municipal government level of bureaus/companies or project/events experience at the national level is a plus. Must be able to demonstrate results by meeting sales targets.
• Experience managing Accounts and delivering strong year on year growth in sales and margin.
• Experience of working on digital with a good knowledge and understanding of digital sales.
• Ability to demonstrate previous examples of outstanding creativity that won the campaign.
• Strong understanding of branded content across TV & digital.
• Excellent presentation skills - in both creation and presentation to large groups of people.
• Must have a good understanding of the sales cycle, being able to connect with and understand client needs.
• Must be nimble with the ability to work to deadlines in a dynamic market and work a flexible schedule to meet client and sales requirements
• Excellent communication and influencing skills - ability to listen and tailor plans to customer's needs.
• Proven ability to work across functions and influence colleagues and work within a team.
• Willingness to travel frequently within the PRC and across the Asia Pacific region (when necessary)
• Fluency in English and Mandarin (written and spoken)
• High proficiency in MS Office Suite.
• Good knowledge/contacts or working experience of the business and management practices of state-owned companies would be a plus
• Proven ability for coordination, working flexibility and having a proactive attitude is a plus.