Sports Complex Field Maintenance Coordinator
City Of PeoriaPeoria, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 11:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Sports Complex Field Maintenance Coordinator jobs in Peoria-AZ
Search all Sports Complex Field Maintenance Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sports Complex Field Maintenance Coordinator?
Full Time Job
This position is located at the Peoria Sports Complex – home to the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners Major League baseball clubs. The purpose of this position is to oversee, in conjunction with supervisor, functions in athletic field maintenance including administrative tasks, safety compliance, turfgrass management and project coordination. Collaboration is required in supply inventory, purchasing processes, report creation and monitoring field standards.
• This role is directly responsible for equipment maintenance, chemical storage compliance, irrigation oversight, and turfgrass applications.
• Executes budget priorities with emphasis on part-time scheduling, water management, tool and chemical supplies.
• Contributes to monthly supervisor reports.
• Supervises multiple staff direct reports ensuring operational responsibilities in field preparations are met.
• Coordinates agronomic and reconditioning maintenance calendar with Parks department.
• Performs laser leveling, over-seeding, field re-conditioning and other seasonal turf care practices.
Salary Range: $54,496 - $80,516
Hiring Range: $54,496 - $67,506
(Commensurate with experience)
• Minimum of three years related experience
• Requires a broad knowledge of complex systems, specialized practices, equipment and procedures
• Ability to obtain pesticide applicator's license with the AZ Department of Agriculture within six months of hire
• Valid Arizona Driver's License upon hire
• Bachelor's Degree in any field or equivalent field experience
• Experience in a municipal or government setting
• Three years previous experience in a similar supervisory capacity is preferred
• A degree in a similar or related field desired
Additionally, our ideal candidate will be a highly skilled, safety conscious, punctual team player with a high work ethic. Someone that understands that they will be hired to perform a job that is schedule and work order driven. You will need to be comfortable and able to execute your essential functions in highly visible, public use areas. Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work both individually and with a team, while understanding that while field maintenance will be their primary focus, there will be times where it is necessary to act cross-functionally based on Departmental needs.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, Peoria offers a comprehensive benefit package to include the following:
• Major Medical, Dental and Vision
• Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, and Personal Leave
• Basic Life Insurance and Optional Voluntary Life Insurance
• Deferred Compensation Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Rio Vista Gym Membership
• Wellness Program
• Diversity Program
• Outdoor Walking/Running Trail
• Years of Service Recognition
• Partnership for Prevention Program
• Flex Spending Account
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.