Production Room Assistant
City Of PeoriaPeoria, AZ
Full Time Job
Tell me more…..
Do you love sports and want a job in Game Production? The City of Peoria is hiring Production Room Assistants at Peoria Sports Complex for the 2024 Arizona Fall League and 2024 Spring Training seasons. This is a ''hands on'' opportunity with a variety of responsibilities and provides opportunity for students and recent graduates to gain experience in the field of Sports Marketing & Management during the Arizona Fall League and Spring Training seasons. The Production Room Assistants working at the Peoria Sports Complex will get Major League Baseball experience with not one, but TWO MLB teams – the San Diego Padres and the Seattle Mariners. The purpose of this position is to provide game day production room operation at the Peoria Sports Complex for Spring Training and the fall baseball season by operating computer based equipment which function the videoboard content, stadium audio, replays, stats and baseball pitch-by-pitch progress. Production Room Assistants primarily assist the Marketing & Sales Department as necessary during Arizona Fall League and Spring Training Baseball games; however, the Peoria Sports Complex is a TEAM environment so from time to time, Production Room Assistants may be asked to assist other departments.
Regular duties will include:
• Operating stadium sound system, videoboard equipment, and statistical tracking interface.
• Managing and coordinating marketing and promotional features in conjunction with real time announcements.
• Implementing, enforcing, and practicing proper safety standards to ensure the safety of co-workers, spectators, patrons and team personnel.
• Performing related duties as assigned.
• Ability to work a minimum of 3 games/15 hours per week (including one game M-Thursday).
• Ability to commit to a schedule and if they can't make it they will find their own substitution.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Strong knowledge working with Daktronics, Sound Director, and other production room programs (preferred).
• Strong knowledge of the procedures of a baseball game (preferred).
• Excelling time management and organizational skills with ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to change while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on game times and changing schedules. Will include evenings and/or weekends based upon the event schedule.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• A positive attitude and great customer service skills.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience: Previous experience in the operation of videoboard, audio or production room equipment preferred.
• Certification/License/Other Requirement: Valid AZ Driver's License upon hire. Preferred/Desirable Qualifications: Experience in a sporting and entertainment environment preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.