Paid Intern - Post Production
City Drive FilmsNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
We are a production company located in New York City (Midtown) that specializes in live music specials, documentaries, music videos, commercials, and events.
We are looking for post production interns for the summer. Interns will work 2 to 3 days/week based around their work schedule. (This could become a full time - 5 days/a week - internship if the fit is right). This is a paid internship and offer college credit. Must live in NYC or close surrounding area. The internship could lead to a future position under the right circumstances.
As a post production intern you will assist our Editors and Assistant Editors with day to day tasks including but not limited to:
- Screening projects for quality control purposes
- Duplicating footage and creating backups
- Logging footage
- Pulling b-roll
- Running drives to various locations
- Shadowing Editors and Assistant Editors on their projects
- Assisting the Post Production team with any other tasks as needed
An ideal candidate should:
- Possess a strong interest in Post Production and be pursuing a degree in a related field
- Highly organized, resourceful and dependable with excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Be responsible, flexible, hardworking, and excellent with time-management skills.
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Have some experience with a variety of editing software, preferably Adobe Premiere and After Effects and Photoshop, as we use the Adobe suite.
- Have an eagerness to learn and take direction well.
- Must be flexible - an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to revision
- Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
- Computer and technology literate - familiarity with Mac operating systems and hard drive formats is a must.
- Previous internship or related experience in Post Production is a plus.
We are a one-stop-shop production company, so you may be asked to help with pre-production/production side as well.
******Please send resume, no need to send a generic cover letter, as we find those to be too formal and fairly impersonal. We would just like you to tell us about yourself, why you would be a good fit, and what you are looking to learn in a post production internship. If you have any work samples or a reel, feel free to send but not required. Also include when you were looking to start/end and your availability. Thanks!*****
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online