Head of Audio
Cirque du SoleilLas Vegas, NV
Full Time Job
Head of Audio - Cirque Dreams Holidaze
Start Date: 11/9/2022
End Date: 1/1/2022
The Head of Audio controls and operates sound mixing board to control output of voices/voice track and music, and previously taped sound effects during performances. Assists in directing local crews, loading and unloading, and assembling and disassembling of all show equipment, and conducts regular maintenance in an effort to preserve the high integrity and professionalism of the company and its equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
· Responsible for assembling and disassembling all equipment associated to, but not limited to the sound department.
· Responsible for directing local crews, loading and unloading.
· Operates and maintains all audio and visual equipment.
· Mixes tracked and live elements of the show to specification.
· Mixes show and makes adjustments as warranted.
· Responsible for own professional standards of conduct, appearance, workmanship and personal safety as set forth by VStar Entertainment.
· Responsible for compliance with all safety and security procedures.
· Continually seeks to improve the quality and consistency of the sound of each show.
· Responsible for continually seeking to improve efficiency of sound department operation.
· Responsible for conducting regular maintenance as deemed necessary by supervisors.
· Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· Some related experience, or combination of training and/or education in sound reinforcement as it relates to live performances. BA or BFA in technical theatre preferred.
· Experience working and supervising in a union environment.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as sound draftings, signal flow plots, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, and to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to use and understand various kinds of test equipment and meters such as volt, ohm and ampere.
· Ability to climb and work, focus, adjust and repair at height in excess of 40 feet before, during and after performances, and during rigging calls, load-ins and load-outs.
- Verification of the right to work in the United States for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, as demonstrated by completion of the Form I-9 upon hire and the submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the Form I-9) verifying one's identity and work authorization;
- Although not a pre-employment condition, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated. If requested, reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases ''occasionally,'' ''regularly,'' and ''frequently'' correspond to the following definitions: ''Occasionally'' means up to 1/3 of working time, ''regularly'' means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and ''frequently'' means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position:
The employee is occasionally required to walk
Use foot/feet to operate machine.
Climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Reach above shoulders and move from place to place.
Will regularly stand, sit and talk, and listen.
Will frequently use hands to finger, handle or touch.
Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
During the performance of his/her work duties, the incumbent will be required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and will frequently lift up to 25 pounds such as moving inventory from storage and moving parts in and out of work area.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in a production environment and is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is loud.
The work environment can have dust present at times.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.
Cirque du Soleil offers full coverage benefits, Medical, Dental, and Vision to those that decide to opt in.
Full Coverage, Medical, Dental, Vision!
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online