Exec Assistant to the Head of PR and Marketing
Cinetic MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Executive Assistant to the Head of PR and Marketing
Cinetic Media, New York, NY
Cinetic Media seeks NY Executive Assistant to start immediately for Head of PR & Marketing, on high volume desk. Cinetic is a prestige marketing and publicity company that helps position, publicize and market films. In a few short years, the company has distinguished itself with a slate of some of the most acclaimed films and documentaries in recent memory. Cinetic represents everything from arthouse films such as Bong Joon Ho's Parasite to documentaries like Won't You Be My Neighbor? to commercial releases like Hereditary and Booksmart. Recent awards campaigns include Moonlight, Free Solo, and Cold War. Cinetic Marketing also represents Janus Films & The Criterion Collection.
The role interfaces with all executives at Cinetic Marketing and allows for hands-on experience with the processes of publicizing films for NY release and awards campaigns. Excellent opportunity for a self-starter who enjoys working with prestige films and specialty film producers and distributors. Perks includes access to press screenings, Q&As and engagement with distributors, directors, producers, journalists and more.
Applicants should be self-sufficient and quick to adapt to new situations. A deep and abiding love for film and a knowledge of international filmmakers is a plus. Applicants are strongly encouraged to be familiar with the specialty film landscape and distributors from A24 to Netflix to Kino Lorber.
• Field calls, manage schedule for President and department, and ensure smooth day-to-day management of work flow.
• Interface with filmmakers, producers, talent and other industry professionals.
• Attend industry events in NY, some festival travel required.
• Provide excellent external client service and professionalism.
• Manage meeting and festival logistics for Senior Management.
• Special projects, as necessary.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Excellent time management skills, and a great ability to juggle multiple priorities.
• The ideal candidate will have previous experience in an assistant capacity; agency experience is desired, but not necessary.
• A strong knowledge base across independent film genres and interest in film distribution is essential.
• Strong interpersonal abilities, solid communication skills, an ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online