Paid Intern - Publicity
Cinetic Marketing &. PRRermote, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
ABOUT THE PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNSHIP:
Applicants for our internship program should be able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced and professional environment. This internship will be remote (EST). Attention to detail, strong verbal communication, and analytical writing skills are essential. Applicants should possess organizational skills and general office and computer skills, including computer familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Ideal candidates will be self-starters, energetic and have a strong work ethic and familiarity with the film business and contemporary independent cinema, foreign language cinema, and documentaries. Prior internship experience in the film industry is a plus but not necessary.
Intern duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Monitoring publications & websites for any press pieces on our titles. Clipping and formatting articles for clients.
· Helping the Breaks team format breaks during award season and the release calendar.
· Thorough, out of the box research for campaigns and press targets.
· Awards research (AMPAS, BAFTA, NYFCC, etc.)
· Assisting senior and junior publicists with administrative docs, including theatrical status reports, press day wraps, RSVP documents, screening requests, critic's grids, and wrap reports.
· General administrative assistance.
· Candidates MUST feel confident that they'll be able to familiarize themselves with our titles and clients.
Hours/Wage: We require a minimum time commitment of 2 days per week, generally during the hours of 10:00am-6:00pm for. $15/hr. This internship term is January 11 - May 28, 2021.
Please email your resume and a cover letter including your availability and why you are specifically interested in Cinetic's Marketing and PR department.
Cinetic Marketing & PR is a full service prestige marketing and publicity firm that helps position, publicize and market director-driven films. We havea curated line-up of American, International features and documentaries across every major studio and distribution house. The company's year round slate includes titles such as: Mank, Pieces of a Woman, Ammonite, Another Round, Collective, Time, Boys State, Crip Camp, Gunda, and more. Past releases include: Parasite, Moonlight, Marriage Story, The Lighthouse, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Midsommar, the Lobster, I, Tonya, Cold War, The Climb, The Big Sick, Sorry To Bother You, Boyhood, The Great Beauty, Ida. Documentaries include: Free Solo, Citizenfour, O.J.: Made in America, Icarus, American Factory, One Child Nation, Apollo 11, Honeyland, The Cave, Won't You Be My Neighbor and Strong Island.
The company also represents The Criterion Collection/Janus Films/The Criterion Channel and Field of Vision.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online