CinereachNew York, NY
Part Time Job
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of the team driving and curating content at Cinereach! We're seeking a creative and diligent Seasonal Reviewer to support the Filmmaker Outreach team. This is a part-time hourly position based in our New York City headquarters, reporting to the Creative Executive and closely collaborating with the wider Development and Operations teams.
As a Seasonal Reviewer, you will work closely with the Development Team to assist with reviewing and tracking incoming film submissions, while closely identifying exciting filmmakers and projects that align with the company's content direction, vision and mission.
The ideal candidate for this position is an independent thinker with a passion and deep knowledge of artful filmmaking. You are an avid reader, a skilled writer adept at synthesizing ideas and information; and you are deeply knowledgeable about the independent film area. You draw inspiration, perspective and insight from a wide variety of sources from personal life experiences, current events and cultural trends; to studied film theories and other mediums of artful storytelling. You are agenda free, objective and discerning.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of and interest in independent film and the media and arts landscape
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Positive, energetic and works well independently and in a team setting
- Efficient with database management
- Experience writing script coverage is a plus
- Screening approximately 40 - 50 ''Screening / First Round'' projects per week, with the ability to ramp up to 80+ Screening Projects per week
- In-depth submission review when required on select projects which might include screenplays, plays and book coverage and feedback
- Assisting with tracking initiatives, record keeping, portal maintenance
- Assisting with research & special projects when appropriate/as required
- Handling ancillary tasks in connection with primary responsibilities
- Occasionally assist with filmmaker outreach initiatives & tasks
Founded in 2006 as a film foundation, Cinereach began supporting independent filmmakers through grants. As the challenge to create cutting-edge, independent films became financially unsustainable for many artists, Cinereach expanded its efforts evolving into a robust philanthropic endeavor to support films, as well as independent filmmakers, producers and organizations that push boundaries. In 2012 Cinereach Productions was founded. Read more about our company and team at cinereach.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer!
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Website: Apply At Employer's Site Apply Online