Project Manager - Distribution & Research
CinereachNew York, NY
Part Time Job
This position serves as a temporary stand-in for the Head of Cinereach Distribution. In this position, you will assume the daily tasks and responsibilities on various projects for the Distribution team, and liaise closely with the Cinereach Film Production team, as well as the Cinereach Marketing team as necessary.
This position will begin Monday, November 11th with a two-week orientation and training period, after which the full responsibilities of the role will be transitioned to you. Your schedule will remain flexible, averaging no more than 25 work hours a week.
This role is critical to the inward and outward success of Cinereach's Film Distribution & Research activities.
As the Distribution & Research Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing survey development, data collection and field research to expand upon our current and ongoing approach to addressing systemic challenges facing the film distribution landscape. Additionally, you may be tasked with supporting distribution efforts for upcoming Cinereach Productions & Co-Productions.
As a candidate, you have experience with distribution, research, project management and data-based ''big picture'' thinking. You have a genuine curiosity about the distribution landscape and bold ideas on how it can be improved to better support independent film. You have a strong foundational knowledge of all areas of US distribution (Theatrical, Non-Theatrical, Educational and Digital).
Skills Required For This Role Include:
- Strategic thinking
- Project management
- Project planning, anticipation, and foresight of potential issues and needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate concisely
- Detailed oriented/ well organized
- Accountability and ownership of designated tasks and projects
- Collaborative, team player
- Periodic check-ins and status updates with the Director, Original Productions and potentially the Head of Distribution; this will include writing status reports and recommendations
- Check-ins as necessary/needed with the Chief of Staff or Executive Director
- You will be added to team and company-wide email distribution lists and may be asked to stand in for the Head of Distribution at staff meetings and other miscellaneous team meetings as needed/necessary
- Run point on marquee Cinereach Distribution Research & Development serving as the key liaison with our external partners, and maintaining oversight over the various moving elements of each project
Founded in 2006 as a film foundation, Cinereach began supporting independent filmmakers through grants. As the challenge to create cutting-edge, independent films became financially unsustainable for many artists, Cinereach expanded its efforts evolving into a robust philanthropic endeavor to support films, as well as independent filmmakers, producers and organizations that push boundaries. In 2012 Cinereach Productions was founded. Read more about our company and team at www.cinereach.org
We are an equal opportunity employer!
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Website: Apply At Employer's Site Apply Online