Visitor Services and Retail Coordinator
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
Dept: Reds Hall of Fame and Museum
Job Title: Visitor Services and Retail Coordinator
Reports To: Visitor Services and Retail Manager
Job Purpose: The storied history of baseball in Cincinnati is on display at the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum presented by Dinsmore. The Visitor Services and Retail Coordinator assists in all facets of museum operations to bring the history of Reds baseball to life and provide exemplary service to all guests. The position's main focus is to assist the Visitor Services and Retail Manager in facilitating the box office, volunteer program, retail and daily operations of the museum. The Visitor Services and Retail Coordinator welcomes guests to the museum, answers guest questions, and highlights important areas of the museum to ensure an outstanding guest experience. They also assist with the sales of tickets and merchandise via Point of Sale operations, assist in planning and execution of special events, and assist museum staff on upcoming projects and ongoing museum initiatives.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum Policies and Procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
• Perform duties as workload necessitates to achieve the goals of the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum
• Possess the ability to communicate with an audience of variable sizes and ages
• Meet department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with box office operations in the sale of tickets and merchandise as well as disseminate museum information for guests.
• Troubleshoot customer issues or problems
• Organize and maintain the appearance of the Hall of Fame's Museum Store and promote sales.
• Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of all museum exhibits.
• Assist with museum special events and museum maintenance projects as needed.
• Assist museum staff in the main museum office with a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to, volunteer recruitment, merchandise inventory, group bookings, and event planning
• Assist manager with scheduling of staff and volunteers
• Onboard and help facilitate training of new staff and volunteers
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
College Degree or relative experience preferred. Candidate must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent verbal communications skills are a must. Must be a team-player who is self-motivated, creative, and can proactively solve problems. Must present a professional attitude and appearance and have a desire to succeed, and be open to learning and upgrading of skills and accepting supervision from Hall of Fame manager; possess strong interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to multi-task. Must physically be able to lift 25 or more pounds. Knowledge of Reds history is not required, but applicant must have the desire to learn the history of the Reds franchise as well as the ability to learn new material rapidly. Previous experience in retail and point of sale operations desirable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to prevalent weather conditions for short periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?