Sr. Manager Of Ballpark Maintenance
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
Department: Ballpark Operations
Job Title: Sr. Manager of Ballpark Maintenance
Reports To: Vice President of Ballpark Operations
Job Purpose: This department manager is responsible for the maintenance of the facility, leading a team of tradespersons and general laborers in the proactive and reactive upkeep of the ballpark and its infrastructure through accessible, responsive, and effective services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops a preventative maintenance program that are designed to keep the look and functioning of the facility at acceptable levels as determined by code, stakeholders and management.
• Delegate, schedule, and confirm completion of daily repair tasks to maintenance staff to ensure that the multiple buildings are maintained in proper condition and compliant with local code and safety standards.
• Develops and implements staff work schedules to ensure that all routine maintenance and project work is completed during normal work hours and for all games and large events.
• Selects, trains and supervises staff within the department, ensuring that each staff member understands the mission of the department, their work expectations, and providing constructive feedback.
• Conduct daily inspection of property buildings, identify and assess any potential problem.
• Lead the development of maintenance materials budgets.
• Ensure equipment availability for assigned projects.
• Estimates quantities of materials required for daily work projects.
• Ensure the ordering of materials and materials receiving records.
• Purchases building and maintenance supplies within budget.
• Assign duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
• Completes required paperwork and making entries into the maintenance software system.
• Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors in cooperation with the Ballpark Superintendent when work cannot be performed in-house.
• Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations and permitting requirements.
• Promotes job safety and rectifies job site hazards immediately. Operates the department in compliance with OHSA regulations, acceptable industry standards, and Ballclub polices. This includes ensuring that all staff are accordingly trained and equipped to perform their duties.
• Reviews requests for service, analyzes the problems involved, and takes required action.
• Works with outside contractors for repairs on the buildings.
• Responds to radio calls for service and rectify the existing condition in a timely manner.
• Ensure and assists any department members to achieve completion of their assigned ''projects''.
• Ensure the winterization of the necessary buildings at the conclusion of the season.
• Work collaboratively with Hamilton County, US Bank Arena and parking garage staff and their respective management with ongoing and new maintenance issues.
• Prepares a budget and a capital improvement list every year.
• Perform related duties or responsibilities, as assigned or requested.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
• A bachelor degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in the concentration of construction or maintenance management.
• Those that possess 10 years of successful maintenance management in a large facility setting can have the degree requirement waived.
• Seven years' of demonstrated experience in a supervisory/management role in facility maintenance and/or construction environment, where the responsibility included the direct oversight of staff, scheduling, work completion, and budgetary compliance.
• Possess a OHSA 30 hour General Industry or Construction certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Customer Service experience is required, specifically experience in working in a fast pace environment with success in delivering at a high level.
• Experience with developing preventative maintenance schedules, routine work schedules, work order management and budgets.
• Must be excellent with time management, project management, and interpersonal/communication skills.
• Computer literate, using MS Windows and MS Office.
• Ability to supervise full time and assist the management team through an advanced understanding of organizational structure, goals, mission, and vision.
• Must be organized and able to perform multiple tasks
• Leadership and management experience a must.
• Ability to work extended days and hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to work at least 70 evening & weekend home games, all post-season games and large events.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
• Perform duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet Department productivity standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?