Social Media Design Coordinator
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
Department: Communications and Marketing
Job Title: Social Media Design Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Digital Media
Job Purpose: The Cincinnati Reds Social Media Design Coordinator is a self-motivated, creative individual who develops engaging visual content that connects with the team's fans on social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work as part of the social media team in the planning and development of content that shapes the organization's identity across social media.
• Create highly-compelling visual assets for Reds' social platforms that maximize engagement with followers and communicate/amplify the organization's priority messages.
• Prioritize and anticipate upcoming graphic needs to ensure consistent production of high quality work.
• Proactively share work and welcome constructive feedback while striving for consistent improvement.
• Work to assure uniformity in design between the social media and creative services departments.
• Stay on top of evolving social networks and make recommendations on best way to revise club practices to adapt.
• Ensure that graphics are grammatically correct and factually accurate.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or similar required
• Two years minimum experience in social media required
• Two years minimum experience in graphic design required
• Video/motion graphics experience a plus
• Experience working in college or professional sports a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) with a strong design portfolio highlighting layout, typography, motion and visual hierarchy
• Advanced understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Reddit
• Creative, out of the box thinker with a knowledge of pop culture and entertainment
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Resourceful, quick decision maker with the ability to stay calm in stressful situations
• Available and excited to work during games including nights, weekends and holidays
• Strong knowledge of baseball and the Cincinnati Reds
• Passion for graphic design, baseball and social media
While performing the duties of this job on home game days, the employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. No travel required.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
• Perform duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet Department productivity standards
**Please include a cover letter with application to be considered for this position**