Social Media Coordinator
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
Social Media Coordinator (Seasonal)
Job Title: Social Media Coordinator (Seasonal)
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Director of Social Media
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Commitment: March – October 2023
Position Summary: The Cincinnati Reds are seeking a part-time seasonal coordinator to support the social media department in creating entertaining, innovative and timely content that drives engagement and community growth.
Please Note: This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Work as part of the social media department to develop and post content that maximizes fan engagement and amplifies the organization's priority messages.
• Assist with in-game coverage under the guidance of the social media manager and/or director.
• Write entertaining, accurate social media copy and interact with our audience in an authentic voice.
• Stay up to date with current trends happening on various platforms
• Create impactful visual assets for Reds' social platforms including graphics, videos and photos.
• Contribute innovative ideas for new projects and campaigns.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree or working towards a degree in marketing, communications or related field.
• Experience creating highly engaging content for various social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook.
• Background managing social media accounts for a team, school, business or group.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite - especially Photoshop.
• Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills.
• Ability to collaborate and work as a member of a team
• Detail oriented, deadline driven and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience working in college or professional sports is a plus.
• Passion for baseball, the Cincinnati Reds and social media.
• Work is performed in an office environment, from home, as well as outdoors where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Work approximately 30 hours per week; night/weekend hours will be required, including games
• Work the majority of Reds games (no travel required)
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
• Maintain discretion in handling confidential information
• Meet department productivity standards and perform duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate efficient time management and the ability to prioritize workload
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.