Paid Intern - Ticketing Development
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Part Time Paid Internship
Ticketing Development Internship (Seasonal)
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Job Title: Ticketing Development Internship (Seasonal)
Reports To: Director of Group Sales
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Maximize Pride in Reds baseball by assisting the ticketing department in a variety of roles including gamedays and non gamedays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking individuals who are passionate and motivated about learning the sports business. Qualified candidates should be collaborative, adaptable, and accountable.
Gain knowledge in all aspects of the Reds ticketing business while assisting in multiple departments including Premium, Group, Single Game and Season Membership. While working in the office you will learn alongside of the Reds staff and help in a variety of roles including: learning the computerized ticketing system and CRM, communicating with customers, making outbound phone calls, answering phones, responding to emails, inputting data in CRM/Excel and any other task as assigned by department directors.
• Retain, grow, and acquire group ticket sales
• Meet/exceed individual ticket and revenue sales goals
• Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from prospecting
• Meet a daily and weekly minimum of outbound new business calls, renewal calls as well as appointments
• Input information into CRM system to help manage/track book of business
• Establish rapport and build relationship with current and potential clients
• Oversee account services through quality checks and other follow-up
• Address customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Learn and gain knowledge of the ticketing business while providing Sales and Reds Way service to customers while they are here to have fun. While working games you will gain experience in a variety operational, customer service and selling roles.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
• Availability to work home games including Nights/Weekends/Holidays
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Currently pursuing, or have achieved, an undergraduate or graduate degree in Sports Management, Business or related field preferred
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good grammar, voice and diction
• Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing situations as necessary and resolve guest issues in real time
• Ability to understand products and services, research and communicate information in a fast-paced environment
• Ticket experience, specifically with Tickets.com is a plus
• Ability to work 40 hours per week May 2021 – Sept 2021
• Flexibility in scheduling is required and will involve evenings, weekends and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; occasionally lift.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however employee will have ''game-day'' responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours will include nights, weekends and holidays.
• This is a seasonal, internship opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Paid interns are paid a minimum wage according to state law.
• Internship is a full time, May 2021 – Sept 2021
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.