Paid Intern - Ticket Department Game Day
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Part Time Paid Internship
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Job Title: Ticket Department Game Day Intern
Reports To: Director of Single Game Ticketing
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Cincinnati Reds Ticket Department is seeking several dedicated individuals to join our gameday team for the 2021 baseball season. Gameday Interns will assist sales and service staff to meet and exceed department expectations. Internships begin in May 2021 and will run through September 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include:
• Selling and promoting all Cincinnati Reds ticket programs including Reds Consumer Clubs and All You Can Eat Passes
• Assisting with planning and execution of all Ticket Department events, including set up, event logistics and post event recaps
• Performing gameday responsibilities including escorting VIPs to pregame activities and events and assisting with guest services.
• Providing an exceptional experience for guests at Great American Ball Park
• Gaining knowledge of products and overall ticketing business
• Working on a computerized ticketing system
• Tracking and record daily sales and payments
• Promoting Reds ticket programs and consumer clubs at non-gameday events
• Performing other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Currently pursuing, or have achieved, an undergraduate or graduate degree in Sports Management, Business or related field preferred.
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet applications.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good grammar, voice and diction.
• Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing situations as necessary and resolve guest issues in real time.
• Ability to understand products and services, research and communicate information in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexibility in scheduling is required and will involve evenings, weekends and holidays (up to 40 hours per week)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; occasionally lift.
• Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment and in a ''game-day'' environment with responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• This is a seasonal, internship opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Paid interns are paid a minimum wage according to state law.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet department productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.