Paid Intern - Promotional Events Game Day
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Part Time Paid Internship
Job Title: Promotional Events Game Day Internship
Department: Promotional Events
Reports To: Promotional Events Manager
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: August 2, 2021 – February 2022
Commitment: 20-30 hours/week, primarily centered around 2021 Cincinnati Reds home game schedule. Hours will also include nights, weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the execution of game day duties including, but not limited to: assisting with pregame and in-game ceremonies and promotions, assisting with the load-in and load-out of ballpark entertainment, escorting mascots and staffing the Fan Zone Carnival Games and Reds Authentics locations. Pregame activities include, but are not limited to: escorting ceremonies, first pitches, national anthem performers, honor guards, game ball deliveries, captains of the game and the Reds Heads Run-On. In-game activities include, but are not limited to: ''Play Ball'' Kid, Cincinnati Bell Hometown Hero, Skyline Chili Shuffle and Skyline Step Up to the Mic (additional sponsor related promotions will be added as the season approaches). Other tasks may include assisting with fan giveaways and prize redemptions, helping with special promotions, as well as additional escort duties when special guests are present.
• Assist Corporate Partnerships Fulfillment by keeping track of winners of promotions to create proof of performance packages and by providing assistance with Corporate Partnership events. Events include, but are not limited to: Bark in the Park, batting practice viewings, Corporate Partnerships Golf Outing, Corporate Partnerships batting practices and games.
Other Areas of Responsibility:
• Assist with the Reds Rover field-marketing program throughout the season at various events including, but not limited to: set-up and breakdown, handing out team information, promoting team initiatives and other promotional items, working with the team mascots and other Reds staff on an event-by-event basis, conducting field promotions and register-to-win contests and cooperating with Reds fans of all ages.
• Assist with Reds events during the season including, but not limited to: Reds Community Fund Charity Block Party, Kids Opening Day Block Party, Redlegs Run, Season Ticket Members events, Reds Hall of Fame events and concerts.
• Assist Fan Zone Carnival Games with duties including but not limited to: delivering top-notch customer service to all fans including answering questions and resolving issues, fully understanding the rules and prizes associated with each game and be able to explain them to participants, handling cash transactions and keeping games and displays organized, neat, and clean at all times
• Assist Reds Authentics with duties including but not limited to: item inventory and distribution.
• Staff members should have prior work or volunteer experience in at least one business or sports setting
• Staff members should be interested in going into sports business and should have or are pursuing an undergrad/graduate degree in a related area of study
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays, and be available for 75% of Reds home games
• Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, sponsors, guests and on occasion, players
• Must have the ability to handle and coordinate large groups of people in a secure and sensitive area
• Must be an energetic self-starter with an outgoing personality and be customer-service driven
• Must have a general knowledge of baseball
• Must have valid driver's license with clean driving record
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Work normally includes game-day responsibilities where employees will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
• Hours will include nights, weekends and holidays
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Seasonal staff is paid at minimum wage according to state law.
• Only resumes submitted through Teamworkonline.com will be accepted. Please do not forward resumes via email or mail directly to Reds employees.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet department productivity standards
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.