Paid Intern - Membership
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Part Time Paid Internship
Department: Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum
Job Title: Membership Intern
Reports To: Membership Manager
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: September 2021 – March 2022
Student will gain understanding and knowledge of Reds Hall of Fame and Museum which will include the HOF membership program, marketing, promotions, events, and office duties needed to help fulfilling the member needs in the membership program in the area of sports marketing, museum and game day duties. The student will be working for college credit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn and assist with recruitment for and maintenance of the Museum's membership program
• Learn and assist with membership order fulfillment and membership renewals
• Learn and assist in researching, creating, and implementing new marketing campaigns to grow the Museum's membership base
• Learn about the development and planning of events for Reds Hall of Fame Chapters
• Learn and assist in maintaining and updating the membership database and archives
• Learn and assist with telephone and email inquiries regarding Hall of Fame memberships
• Learn to assist in day-to-day office tasks, such as responding to requests, writing reports, maintaining inventories, assisting group tours and other museum tasks
• Learn and assist with game-day activities, including compiling and distributing member gifts, working membership areas inside the ballpark, and other game-day activities as assigned
• Interns should have prior work experience in at least one business setting and/or one sports setting
• Interns should be interested in going into sports business and should have or are pursuing an undergrad/graduate degree in a related field of study. MUST be available to work September of 2021 through March of 2022.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Have ability to complete a variety of tasks and projects in a timely and well-organized manner
• Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are preferred)
• Must have a flexible schedule and a willingness to commit to hours confirmed by school
• This internship will be performed in a typical interior/office work environment and the intern may have ''game-day'' responsibilities where the intern may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Intern hours will include nights, weekends and holidays
• The pay for this position is $9.00/hour
• This is an internship opportunity and no benefits will be provided
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
• Performs duties as training necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet department productivity standards
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.