Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator
Cincinnati RedsGoodyear, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2020 8:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator jobs in Goodyear-AZ
Search all Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator? Department: Health and Performance
Job Title: Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Strength and Conditioning
FLSA: Salary, Exempt
Job Purpose: This individual will oversee the Cincinnati Reds Minor League Strength and Conditioning program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Spring Training:
• Assist Major League Director of Strength and Conditioning in initial performance testing, movement screening and conditioning testing.
• Educate new strength and conditioning coaches about the policies and procedures of the Cincinnati Reds and the strength and conditioning program.
• Ensure that minor league strength coaches have necessary certifications for employment.
• Manage budgets for uniforms, equipment and nutritional supplements throughout spring training.
• Place initial orders for equipment and nutritional supplements for affiliates based on needs from end of prior season.
• Schedule times for Minor League Dietitian to give educational presentation.
• Assist Dietitian with setting up Minor League menus for spring training.
• Coordinate and define areas of continuing educational research.
• Ensure the guidelines of the Cincinnati Reds strength and conditioning program are followed throughout the minor league system.
• Travel to each affiliate to monitor and observe how each player is following the strength and conditioning program. Also, ensure that Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coaches are completing duties assigned to them and they are adhering to the Cincinnati Reds strength and conditioning program.
• Place equipment and nutritional supplement orders for affiliates.
• Schedule equipment maintenance for affiliates when necessary.
• Be available to help Assistant Minor League Coordinator with job duties as needed.
• Assist Minor League Rehab Coordinator with duties when needed.
• Coordinate and define topics of continuing educational research.
• Instructional League:
• Schedule conditioning and weight room sessions to work one on one with players to work on specific areas of needed improvement.
• Manage budget for equipment, uniform needs and nutritional supplements.
• Travel to Dominican Republic to observe and monitor Instructional League and Strength and Conditioning Camp.
• Send out contact lists to Strength and Conditioning Coaches to ensure the monitoring of off-season programs.
• Attend Major League Baseball Winter Meetings and other conferences to continue education and stay up-to-date with new findings and ideas in the strength and conditioning field.
• Post job openings and conduct interviews, as necessary.
• Complete necessary work to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in order to ensure certifications are current.
• Partake in team building exercises with strength and conditioning staff.
• Take part in the design and implementation of the off-season player camp structure.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.