Marketing and Development Assistant
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
Organization: Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum
Position: Marketing and Development Assistant
Position Reports to: Marketing and Development Manager
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Coordinate projects and office tasks that support the daily operation of the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum while exercising independent judgment to complete tasks. This includes, but is not limited to coordinating development/fundraising projects and events, marketing activities, database management and administrative duties related to the operation of the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with planning, coordination and management of HOF events, including but not limited to Induction Weekend, exhibit openings, statue campaigns, and fundraising events
• Create and execute plan for Speakers Series and autograph signing program, including mail-in and drop-off submissions for signings
• Collaborate on marketing, communications, and development efforts supporting the HOF's mission
• Assist with development of sponsorship packages and sponsorship fulfillment, as well as researching new opportunities and prospects
• Maintain sponsor relationships, working with sponsors and partners to ensure quick and effective communication and fulfillment
• Maintain up-to-date fundraising and development records, including tax information for donor communication efforts
• Prospect for potential donors and execute comprehensive communication plan to solicit contributions, including creation of an annual report for the Reds Hall of Fame
• Assist with planning and coordination of Reds Fantasy Camp, including sales, communication, alumni relations, and working with vendors
• Assist with management of Legends Remembered program, including scheduling, tracking, analysis, and event execution, as well as making recommendations to enhance program
• Maintain up-to-date alumni database and coordinate alumni communication
• Perform administrative duties as needed, including tracking departmental revenue and expenses
• Build and maintain vendor relationships
• Perform game-day duties as needed
• Collaborate with Reds staff to ensure success for Reds and HOF
• Other duties as assigned
Experience, Education and Licensure:
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, sports administration or a related field. Must have demonstrated a proven track record of success. Candidate must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as required.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent written and oral communications skills are a must; proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; team player who is self-motivated, creative, and can proactively solve problems with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with donors, volunteers and staff. Must be highly organized and possess writing, interpersonal, and time management skills; and have the ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of work. Must present a professional attitude and appearance and have a desire to succeed with openness to learning and upgrading of skills. Graphic design skills are a plus, as is experience with fundraising software.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Interns, Volunteers and Staff on a project-specific basis
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when required to work during games.
• Adhere to Organization Policies and Procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum Organization
• Perform duties as workload necessitates achieving the goals of the Reds Hall of Fame
• Meet department productivity standards
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent the intent to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the person in this position.