International Medical Coordinator
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
Department: Health & Performance
Job Title: International Medical Coordinator – Player Development
Reports To: Director of Athletic Training
Job Purpose: Certified Athletic Trainer committed to promoting the health and performance of the Cincinnati Reds players and staff with the goal of winning World Series Championships. Focus on International medical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• This is a full calendar position with duties assigned throughout the competitive season as well as the ''off-season''.
• Provide Athletic Training services both internationally and domestically as needed, in collaboration with all aspects of H&P staff as well as input from the player and field staff.
• Execution of assigned tasks by Director of Athletic Training.
• Direct oversight and delegation of the maintenance and operation DSL Academy medical facilities and supplies.
• Organize and execute the pre-participation physicals in Latin America and International Scouting.
• Direct oversight of the DSL Athletic Trainers performance and execution of injury evaluations and treatment plans.
• Coordinate travel logistics of players to/from International locations for medical related issues.
• Oversight of all medical appointments internationally.
• Communicate effectively to relay pertinent information in a timely manner to the Director of Athletic Training and team physicians.
• Ensure timely and accurate documentation in the EMR adhering to MLB's minimum standards for all field personnel.
• Establish and maintain an environment supportive of all H&P staff.
• Duties as assigned by the Health & Performance leadership.
• ''Off-season'' tasks, attendance of education and departmental meetings are required.
Experience, Education, Licensure, Certifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree and NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer required; Master's degree preferred.
• Maintain applicable state licensures and certifications, in good standing, to practice as a Certified Athletic Trainer.
• Previous work experience that has prepared the candidate for management of international medical services.
• Bilingual candidates are preferred but not required (Spanish/English).
• Typical athletic training room and field coverage work environment; HIPAA compliance and discretion are required.
• Employee will have outdoor responsibilities where the employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Required work hours will include nights, weekends and some holidays.
• International travel is required of this position.
• Commitment to the Cincinnati Reds Core Values and Health & Performance Department's Core Values.
• Act as a role model in the community outside the Cincinnati Reds organization.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet job specific duties expectations and productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.