Intern - Community Relations
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Department: Community Relations
Job Title: Community Relations Intern
Reports To: Director of Community Relations
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the in-kind donation program, including responding to donation inquiries, fulfilling donation requests and securing and activating game day experiences.
• Office duties will include, but are not limited to, providing administrative assistance to Director of Community Relations, answering phone calls, data entry, inventory management, and additional miscellaneous office duties.
• Projects and program coordination with direction from the Director of Community Relations, including MLB community outreach and club-related programs and events.
• Management of complimentary ticket programs including the Commissioner's Community Initiative.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• The intern must present themselves in a professional manner both in-person and through written communication with fans of all ages, sponsors, game day guests and on occasion, players.
• Must have the ability to handle and coordinate large groups of people in a secure and sensitive area.
• Attention to details, discretion and organizational skills are a must.
• Must have a flexible work schedule that will allow intern to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; however, employee may have ''game day'' responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Paid seasonal positions with the opportunity to earn college credit are available.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have a flexible work schedule that will allow you to work days, nights, weekends and holidays?