Intern - Communications
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Job Title: Communications Internship
Department: Communications & Marketing
Reports To: Senior Manager of Communications
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: April-September 2023
Job Purpose: Support the Communications & Marketing department with a variety of duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with Communications team to assist with copywriting, proofreading and editing tasks as needed.
• Provide assistance to the Marketing team in tasks such as cataloging advertising materials, organizing trafficking reports and promotional recap materials.
• Compile promotional examples from other MLB teams and other benchmarking duties as assigned.
• Helping staff Communications & Marketing events at the ballpark and off-site locations.
• Delivering promotional items to media partners off site
• Assisting with prize fulfillment for online and offline sweepstakes/contests
• Other general clerical tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
• Strong knowledge of the Cincinnati Reds and Major League Baseball
• Strong knowledge and familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms
• Excellent time management and strong attention to detail
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Approximately 20-25 hours per week; some night/weekend hours will be required, including games.
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Seasonal employment will last a maximum of 35 weeks.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet department productivity standards
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.