Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Part Time Job
Grounds Crew - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati, OH)
Part Time Seasonal
Base Salary: $10.50 per hour
Total Compensation: $10.50 per hour
Category: Ballpark Operations, Grounds Crew
Department: Ballpark Operations
Job Title: Grounds Crew
Reports To: Grounds Crew Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow directions.
• Must be able to think and work quickly in pressure situations and in adverse weather conditions.
• Carry out daily duties without direct supervision.
• Ability to trouble shoot situations and solve problems quickly.
• Must interact clearly and professionally with staff, supervisors, contractors and public.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Ability to work long and irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to work the entire event including pre and post-game activities.
• Ability to walk, stand, for the entire event (5-7 hours)
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, speak and
comprehend English. Will collaborate effectively with others to produce results.
• Ability to hear, comprehend and disseminate instructions and vital information especially in the event of emergencies. Will maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport large boxes and items in excess of 25 pounds
A requirement of the position is that you must be able to work at least three (3) weekend days each month during the 2021 season.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet Department productivity standards
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided
• Seasonal Grounds Crew are paid $10.50 per hour
• This position is outdoors and subject to weather conditions and requires standing on concrete for long periods of time as well as an extensive amount of walking and climbing steps
Important things to know BEFORE you apply:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation. Accordingly, you may be required to complete the Cincinnati Reds application forms and other such documentation as may be necessary to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Pursuant to Major League Baseball, and in accordance with applicable law, you may be required to submit to a drug screen prior to and during your employment.
To be considered for employment for the above position applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a High school Diploma or GED.
• Must be available to work a minimum of 48 home games during the 2021 season which includes days, nights, weekends and holidays. A 2021 schedule can be found at www.reds.com
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement:
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity for employment and/or promotion is open to any person who possesses the requisite qualifications for an open position. The Company policy is that there should be no discrimination on the basis of age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, with regard to employment, job assignment, and promotion or other terms or conditions of employment