Director Of Data Systems and Development
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
This was removed by the employer on 12/6/2020 5:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Director Of Data Systems and Development jobs in Cincinnati-OH
Search all Director Of Data Systems and Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Of Data Systems and Development? Department: Information Technology
Job Title: Director of Data Systems and Development
Reports To: VP of Technology
FLSA: Salary, Exempt
Job Purpose: The role Director of Data Systems and Development will oversee a team of Data systems and Software developers supporting all of baseball and business operations to define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives. Develop and manage staff (architects, engineers, developers and consultants) by identifying strong candidates, prioritizing workflows, supervising projects and providing productive feedback. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment, possess strong technical skills and demonstrate the ability to prepare and present executive level reports and project plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Reds baseball and business departments to develop and execute short and long term plans for the department, including establishing and upholding best practices and prioritizing projects:
• Oversee project management including employees, resources and timelines of all baseball Data Systems and Development.
• Analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to existing production work and future projects.
• Responsible for all baseball operations production technologies ensuring proper maintenance and installation.
• Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects.
• Assist in coordination of business application development projects on an as needed basis.
• Responsibility for technical standards and documentation.
• Ensure thorough and consistent coding practices, code review, pull requests and deployments for all software development and modeling projects.
• Coordinate design specifications defining system and development architecture and review specifications with Baseball Operations and IT management to validate design.
• Communicate with Assistant GM, VP of Technology and Director of Baseball Analytics to align project management and planning with organizational needs.
• Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when making large purchase recommendations on behalf of the company.
• Coordinate with the Senior Director of Health & Performance to develop the departmental budget associated with equipment purchases related to data collection.
• Ensure communication between Reds departmental stakeholders and projects leads from within the technical team.
• Facilitate specifications for applications through gathering and documentation of user requirements.
• Manage the process of ongoing support and troubleshooting of baseball systems and applications.
• Maintain agreed upon levels of uptime, accuracy and system upgrades.
• Collaborate with technical managers to monitor, identify and recommend new or emerging techniques and technologies applicable to internal processes.
• Prioritize the implementation of new initiatives and continued evolution of existing applications by identifying present and future needs of Baseball and Business Operations staff.
• Provide direct employee management to the heads of Baseball Data Systems, Baseball Development and Business application development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong business acumen and insights to business strategy.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize work, create project plans, roadmaps and drive projects to completion.
• Ability to lead and mentor small teams to deliver high-quality results with high levels of customer service.
• Develop/administrate annual department budget to attain business goals with operational stability.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Highly organized with a strong attentional to detail.
• Understanding of Programming language.
• Familiarity with database management.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues across multiple business areas.
• Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
• Must work independently and self-motivate.
Experience, Education, and Licensure:
• Bachelors and/or Master's degree with an emphasis in computer information systems, information technology, engineering or appropriate combination of education and management with emphasis on technology innovation.
• Minimum 7 years in a management role.
• Strong track record of systems integration across a variety of platforms.
• Demonstrated experience with the Software Development Lifecycle concepts and techniques including secure development methodologies.
• Remote working accommodations are available.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Hours may periodically include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.