Director Of Baseball Analytics
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
This was removed by the employer on 12/6/2020 5:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Director Of Baseball Analytics jobs in Cincinnati-OH
Search all Director Of Baseball Analytics postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Of Baseball Analytics? Department: Baseball Operations – Analytics
Job Title: Director of Baseball Analytics
Reports To: VP, Assistant GM
FLSA: Salary, Exempt
Job Purpose: The Director of Baseball Analytics will work closely with the VP, GM; VP, Assistant GM, VP of Technology, and Director of Data Systems and Development to implement the department's research and development efforts and statistical models within new and existing applications. This position will play a major role improving our decision-making processes across all sub-departments within baseball operations and the creation of new baseball analytics concepts with the ultimate goal of increasing on-field performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage all aspects of Analytics department staff and budget, including prioritizing the implementation of new initiatives and development of existing applications by identifying present and future needs of Baseball Operations departments including ML Team, Pro Scouting, Domestic & International Scouting, Player Development and Health & Performance.
• Define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff member's projects and initiatives.
• Develop and manage staff by identifying strong candidates, prioritizing workflows, supervising projects and providing productive feedback.
• Provide direction, project management and deliverable timelines for the creation and maintenance of analyses, models and reports to aid in the evaluation, development and decision making of the Baseball Operations department.
• Responsible for Baseball Analytics staff project assignments.
• Work closely with front office, coaching and scouting personnel to lead the department's compilation, analysis, tools and visual representation of baseball information, including professional, amateur and advance scouting, player development and in-game strategy.
• Enable collaboration with Baseball Analytics and Reds IT to integrate new statistical analyses, models and data visualizations into existing and new applications.
• Oversee staff research related to baseball strategy, player evaluation and sports science by performing ad-hoc database queries and analysis.
• Oversee project management for all Baseball Operations analytics projects.
• Ensure Baseball Analytics department adheres to company technology standards in coordination with IT and the Director of Data Systems and Development.
• Support the creation and implementation of data documentation, code review, versioning and deployment.
• Ensure that Baseball Operations staff is fully informed of statistical and technological research related to the game and identify new trends.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
• Bachelors and/or Master's degree with an emphasis in in computational field, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Data Science, Quantitative Social Sciences or Analytics strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience leading a team of Data Scientists, Quantitative Analysts and Researchers.
• Experience within a Major League or other professional sports front office or related work strongly preferred.
Knowledge. Skills and Abilities:
• Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize work, create project plans, roadmaps and drive projects to completion.
• Ability to lead and mentor small teams to deliver high-quality results with high levels of customer service.
• Strong understanding of typical baseball data structures, plus knowledge of current baseball research and traditional baseball statistics and strategy.
• Working familiarity with advanced mathematical and statistical concepts, including experience implementing statistical models, simulations, derivations, and graphical representations into software applications.
• Experience with statistical software, programming languages and/or machine learning is strongly preferred.
• Experience manipulating complex database structures using SQL Server tools.
• Experience with R, Python, and/or other languages a plus.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all aspects of Baseball Operations, Scouting and Player Development staffs, and understand their job functions and subsequent analytics needs.
• Candidate must be available to work non-traditional hours (various nights, weekends, holidays).
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.