Baseball Research Analyst
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
Department: Baseball Operations
Job Title: Baseball Research Analyst
Reports To: Manager of Baseball Analytics
FLSA: Salary, Exempt
Job Purpose: Work with the Baseball Analytics, Baseball Operations, Scouting and Player Development staffs to develop and support analysis and research requests. We envision the person in this position to play a major role in the creation of new baseball analytics/development concepts, supporting player evaluation, development and acquisitions and on-field strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, test, implement and maintain method and models, utilizing appropriate tools and techniques.
• Assist staff with ad-hoc research projects and data requests.
• Create tools to improve the flow of information and insights.
• Work with our Baseball Analytics and Systems staff to integrate new statistical analyses, models and data visualizations into existing and new applications.
• Collaborate with Major League Operations, Player Development, Sports Science and Scouting departments to plan, manage and integrate analyses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering.
• Understanding of statistical analysis and predictive and prescriptive modeling.
• Experience with statistical software (e.g. R, Python) and database querying (SQL).
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with all aspects of Baseball Operations, Scouting and Player Development.
• Knowledge of current baseball research, traditional baseball statistics and strategy.
• Understanding of the workings of baseball front office.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Hours may periodically include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.