Baseball Analytics Trainee
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2019 5:18:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Baseball Analytics Trainee jobs in Cincinnati-OH
Search all Baseball Analytics Trainee postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Baseball Analytics Trainee? Department: Baseball Operations
Job Title: Baseball Analytics Trainee
Reports To: Manager of Baseball Analytics
Job Purpose: Assist the Baseball Analytics department's research and development efforts within new and existing applications. While the role will primarily be focused on analytics, there will be opportunities to gain general Baseball Operations experiences as well. While preference is given to candidates who are available to start now or the beginning of 2020, we will consider applicants who are not available until next spring/summer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Major League Operations and Player Development, Scouting and Sports Science departments to design and implement statistical analyses.
• Assist Analytics and Baseball Operations staff with data analysis, preparation, maintenance and collection.
• Keep up to date on current baseball research and new modeling techniques.
• Assist in designing, developing, testing and implementing models and metrics utilizing appropriate tools and techniques.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong foundation in a computational field, such as Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Quantitative Social Sciences or Analytics.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis, machine learning and predictive modeling.
• Demonstrated experience with database querying (SQL) and preferably statistical software (e.g. R, Python).
• Understanding of typical baseball data structures, and knowledge of current baseball research, statistics and strategy.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all aspects of Baseball Operations, Scouting and Player Development staffs.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Hours may periodically include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.