Ballpark Seasonal Seating Usher
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
Seating Ushers - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati, OH)
Base Salary: $10.75 per hour
Total Compensation: $10.75 per hour
Category: Ballpark Operations, Seating Usher
Department: Ballpark Operations
Job Title: Seating Usher
Reports To: Senior Manager of Guest and Event Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Seat guests, checking their tickets and providing a courtesy wipe of their seats.
• May need to physically assist ambulatory, infirm or disabled fans to evacuate seating bowl or concourses during an emergency.
• Must be able to assist with entrance giveaways. This requires standing in place for 2-3 hours, bending and stretching. Seating Ushers must have the ability to lift and carry boxes weighing in excess of 25 pounds.
• Assist in the proper distribution of promotional items to our guests, i.e. All-Star Ballots, Sponsor Coupons, etc
• Must understand and follow operational and ticketing policies/procedures used at Great American Ball Park.
• Interact clearly, effectively and professionally with guests, staff and co-workers.
• Must remain attentive to the needs and demeanor of our guests using a positive, pro-active approach to problem solving.
• Must ensure fan compliance with Great American Ball Park policies/procedures and Major League Baseball Code of Conduct.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Ability to work long and irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to work the entire event including pre and post-game activities.
• Ability to walk, stand, climb stairs and ramps for the entire event ( 5-7 hours)
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, speak and comprehend English.
• Ability to hear, comprehend and disseminate instructions and vital information especially in the event of emergencies.
• Must be able to work on all 4 levels of Great American Ball Park
• Ability to clearly, effectively, and professionally interact with staff, supervisors, contractors and the public. Will collaborate effectively with others to produce results.
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport large boxes and items in excess of 25 pounds
• Ability to handle large crowds while remaining friendly and professional. Will maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet Department productivity standards
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided
Seating Ushers are paid $10.75 per hour
• This position is outdoors and subject to weather conditions and requires standing on concrete for long periods of time as well as an extensive amount of walking and climbing steps
• Seating Ushers are members of the Office & Professional Employees International Union, Local 375
Important things to know BEFORE you apply:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation. Accordingly, you may be required to complete the Cincinnati Reds application forms and other such documentation as may be necessary to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Pursuant to Major League Baseball, and in accordance with applicable law, you may be required to submit to a drug screen prior to and during your employment.
To be considered for employment for the above position applicants must meet the following minimum requirements
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a High school Diploma or GED.
• Must be available to work a minimum of 32 home games during the 2020 season which includes days, nights, weekends and holidays. A 2020 schedule can be found at www.reds.com
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.