Azl Development Coach
Cincinnati RedsGoodyear, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 12/2/2020 12:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Azl Development Coach jobs in Goodyear-AZ
Search all Azl Development Coach postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Azl Development Coach? Department: Baseball Operations
Job Title: AZL Development Coach
Reports To: Field Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preferred Skills and Attributes.
• Strong ability to communicate and work with Field Coordinator, relevant defensive positional Coordinator, Hitting Coordinator and Video staff.
• Assist in set up and use of video, K-Vest, Rapsodo, Trackman and Blast Motion technologies.
• Ability to use multiple forms of media to communicate changes or to help players make the changes asked of them in their player plans.
• Provide video feedback, with voiced over instructions.
• Pull and compare video of current/former Major League players for comparison.
• Knowledge and proficiency in skill acquisition and constraint-based coaching.
• Ability to throw batting practice, hit fungos, and keep up with the physical challenges of coaching.
• Expertise and ability to coach a defensive positional group.
• In-Season Duties:
• Assist with evaluation of AZL, Extended Spring Training, and Rehab players, leveraging the available technological resources.
• Creation of individual goals, player plans, and drill packages for assigned AZL players.
• Participation in any mini-camps, instructional leagues, etc.
• Work with members of Health & Performance Department to ensure that our players are taking advantage of our programs in Strength and Conditioning, Medical, Rehab, etc.
• Work with appropriate defensive Coordinator to execute practice planning and development of designated positional group.
• Offseason Duties:
• Maintain high levels of communication with assigned players.
• Use video feedback, text messaging, and other communication applications to ensure development continues during the offseason.
• Personal Growth.
• Use available resources to stay current on hitting, defensive, and coaching concepts and research.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.