Vice President of Production+Operations
Cincinnati BalletCincinnati, OH
This was removed by the employer on 2/18/2021 8:01:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Vice President of Production+Operations jobs in Cincinnati-OH
Search all Vice President of Production+Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President of Production+Operations? Position Title: Vice President of Production + Operations
Reports To: President + CEO
Direct Reports: Technical Director + Facilities Manager; Production Stage Manager; Associate Director of Events; Company Manager; Costume Shop Manager
Created: January 2021
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Vice President of Production + Operation (VPPO) will oversee management in the execution of all aspects of Cincinnati Ballet's (CB) productions, including, but not limited to, financial planning and oversight, contract administration, management of staff and guest artists, logistical coordination, long-term strategies, and planning, and serving as liaison to all outside vendors. The VPPO will oversee operations management and related staff of the Michael and Margaret Valentine Center for Dance (Ballet Center), including Events, Security, Janitorial, intra-departmental facilities scheduling, and maintenance.
The position will interact with all departments including: Administration, Artistic, Academy, Education, Production, Development, and Marketing.
Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others' perspectives, work styles, and methods. Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization. Develops successful working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to effective work. Must be able to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing.
The VPPO must be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines and consistently follow through on projects and plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises Technical Director + Facilities Manager (TDFM), Production Stage Manager, Associate Director of Events, Company Manager, Costume Shop Manager, and other production-related personnel.
• Is responsible for the oversight of Events, Security, Janitorial, and facilities maintenance at the Ballet Center.
• Assures effective direction of all staff and contractors working on the production team; attentive to presenting the highest quality artistry within budget and with a constant vigilance for safety.
• Is responsible for the preparation and upholding all budgets, including productions and touring, events, building operations, and maintenance.
• Works with VP of Finance + CFO on the Capital maintenance and budgeting for the short and long-term efficiencies and operational lifespan.
• Is responsible for the preparation, upkeep, and timely dissemination of the season's production calendar, events calendar, and maintenance schedules.
• Is responsible for the generation of contracts for choreographers, designers, technicians, union, and non-union staff as needed. Works with VP of Human Resources to ensure all contracts are compliant.
• Work with the VP of Human Resources on the interpretation and negotiation of all union contracts.
• Is responsible for securing the rights and royalties as needed for various elements of production.
• Coordinates rentals (including some contract writing) for both CB's use (costume and scenic) and the use of CB's holdings by outside groups.
• Coordinates rental/purchase of necessary supplies to support Ballet Center maintenance and outside venues.
• Is responsible for the coordination/management of facility rentals with outside groups.
• Is responsible for coordinating the oversight of the build and construction of scenery and props as needed for performances.
• Is responsible for coordinating theater transportation (shipping/trucking) of performance elements.
• Is responsible for coordinating in-theater schedules with Artistic Director/TDFM/Company Manager.
• Acts as the primary contact with all production venues to assure mutual needs are addressed and met.
• Oversees the coordination of load-in and load-out for all productions, including other departmental load-in needs.
• Helps support Patron Engagement Team with front of house technical requirements.
• Schedules and directs regular production meetings to assure thorough knowledge and communication among all necessary individuals.
• Oversees coordination of technical schedules created by the TDFM.
• Is responsible for the oversight of the video and audio archives for CB.
• Is responsible for the oversight of maintenance of documentation/archival records (photos, lists, etc.) of sets and props in CB's inventory for future company use and/or potential rentals.
• Oversees safety meetings.
• Serves as project manager for special projects as assigned by the President + CEO.
• Takes an active role in the strategic development of CB's work.
• Attends in-house training and professional development sessions when needed.
• Works to encourage communication and a collaborative working environment.
Key Professional Experience/Job Requirements:
• A diverse range of production experience in theatre, arts, dance, etc.
• 7-10 years' experience managing and delivering production elements and workflow in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in facilities management.
• Experience in event coordination and/or facilities rentals.
• Strong interpersonal skills and is capable of adapting to different environments and work well under pressure.
• Great technical knowledge and computer-literacy.
• Ability to work extended hour consecutive days.
• Ability to work nights and weekends (mandatory).
Expected Work Hours and Travel:
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, including some nights, weekends, and holidays, depending on rehearsal and performance schedule.
• Travel as appropriate to complete job tasks.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, candidates must be willing to complete a background check.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CB provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.