Intern - Player Development Affiliate
Chicago White SoxChicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 1/4/2022 3:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Player Development Affiliate jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Intern - Player Development Affiliate postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
PLAYER DEVELOPMENT INTERN – CHICAGO WHITE SOX
Locations: Charlotte, NC – Birmingham, AL – Winston-Salem, NC – Kannapolis, NC – Glendale, AZ
The Chicago White Sox are seeking multiple seasonal Player Development Affiliate Interns. This entry level opportunity will provide individuals with a wide range of experiences in professional baseball. These positions will assist with front office administrative projects and support Minor League coaching staffs at affiliate locations throughout the Minor League season.
• The position will take place at one of our 5 affiliate locations: Charlotte (AAA), Birmingham (AA), Winston-Salem (A ), Kannapolis (A), or Arizona (RK).
• All positions will start during Minor League Spring Training and end upon the conclusion of the Minor League season with the potential of extending into Instructional League.
• Candidates must be fully available for the duration of the internship (March – September).
• Hours for this position may vary week to week; candidates must be available and prepared to work variable but irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Directly support players and coaching staff with all video and information needs.
• Film and chart each game and any early work requests.
• Compile advanced scouting reports to be utilized prior to each series.
• Manage the setup and operation of all baseball technology.
• Travel with the team on all or most road trips.
• Complete independent projects as assigned by player development/front office staff.
• Strong communication, organization skills, and eagerness to learn
• Strong knowledge pertaining to information technology including proficiency with all Microsoft Office software
• Knowledge of baseball technologies such as TrackMan, Rapsodo, Blast Motion, etc. is strongly encouraged
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work evenings, weekends, and select summer holidays
• On field abilities (fungo, BP, flip, shag, etc.)
• Advanced understanding of hitting/pitching biomechanics
• Conversational Spanish is a plus
• SQL/R/Python experience
This is an hourly exempt position
Deadline for applications is January 4, 2022
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.