Winter Intern - Sponsorship Department
Chicago SkyChicago, IL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
About the Chicago Sky
The Chicago Sky is one of the twelve teams that make up the Women's National Basketball Association. The Sky played their inaugural season in 2006 as part of the WNBA's Eastern Conference eventually being named Eastern Conference Champions in 2014. For the upcoming 2020 season, the Sky looks to get back to where the team belongs at the top of the Eastern Conference. With a brand-new home at Wintrust Arena in the heart of the South Loop of Chicago, and the number four draft pick, this season will be a year to remember. Be a part of what is going to be a record-breaking year and apply below!
Marketing Partnerships – 2019/2020 Winter Internship
This internship in our Sponsorship department is an exciting opportunity for those interested in a career in sports sponsorship/marketing. During this internship, you will experience the ins-and-outs of sponsorship, from the sales process of potential partners to the activation of current partner contracts. This Winter internship will mainly be focused on off-season activation and the renewal process, but will also offer the chance to be exposed to sponsorship sales.
Location: This position is based out of the Chicago Sky corporate office location at McCormick Place right next to Wintrust Arena in the South Loop of Chicago.
Start/End Date: This internship spans from the beginning of December with a flexible end-date.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position, but Chicago Sky interns are encouraged to use this experience as part of any college credit requirements.
Time Commitment: Interns are expected to work approximately 20-30 hours per week which includes office work, activation execution, and other applicable events.
• Planning and executing essential offseason sponsorship activation.
• Marketing proposal and proof of performance deck building.
• Event planning and execution of sponsorship elements.
• Marketing research and outreach development for potential partners.
• Grassroots marketing efforts, and on-site activation execution.
Necessary Skills Required:
• Punctual and professional.
• Highly motivated; demonstrates initiative.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized.
• Strong teamwork skills.
• Skills in design (Keynote, Photoshop, InDesign) or basic HTML a plus!