Summer Intern - Sponsorship
Chicago SkyChicago, IL
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This internship in our Sponsorship department is an exciting opportunity for those interested in a career in sports sponsorship/marketing. During this internship, you will experience the ins-and-outs of sponsorship, from the sales process of potential partners to the activation of current partner contracts. This summer internship will mainly be focused on in-season activation from planning to execution, but will also offer the chance to be exposed to sponsorship sales.
Location: This position is based out of the Chicago Sky corporate office location at McCormick Place right next to Wintrust Arena in the South Loop of Chicago.
Start/End Date: This internship spans from the beginning of May until the end of September.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position, but Chicago Sky interns are encouraged to use this experience as part of any college credit requirements.
Time Commitment: Interns are expected to work approximately 40 hours per week which includes office work, game-day execution, and other applicable events.
• Planning and executing essential game-day sponsorship activation.
• Marketing proposal and proof of performance deck building.
• Event planning and execution of sponsorship elements.
• Marketing research and outreach development for potential partners.
• Grassroots marketing efforts, and on-site activation execution.
• 2020 Summer internship project TBD.
Necessary Skills Required:
• Punctual and professional.
• Highly motivated; demonstrates initiative.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized.
• Strong teamwork skills.
• Skills in design (Photoshop, InDesign) or basic HTML a plus!