Intern - PR / Communications Game Day
Chicago SkyRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 4/16/2023 4:26:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - PR / Communications Game Day jobs in Remote-US
Search all Intern - PR / Communications Game Day postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The WNBA Chicago Sky is seeking a public relations and basketball communications intern with excellent writing, editing, and research skills for the 2023 season. The intern will be able to attend all home games at Wintrust Arena and opportunities for non-game days and away games virtually if schedule allows. This is a part-time, game day position.
• Attend ALL Sky home games, including WNBA 2023 Playoff home games
• Assist in postgame notes for distribution to the media after every home and road game
• Prepare and update all player bios, team statistics, records, media guides, and game notes on a weekly basis
• Proactively research statistical information related to individual players and the team
• Assist with distributing clips and information requested by local media.
• Pitch, write, and edit stories and content for the Sky's website and digital outlets.
• Compile and distribute stats packets for each game's information guide for visiting opponents and media
• Assist in credentialing for Sky home games
• Working to achieve Bachelors or Masters degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Sports Management or related fields
• Experience in sports journalism for a professional or collegiate team
• High attention to detail with ability to work proactively and problem solve
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of Adobe resources (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.).
• Strong working knowledge on professional basketball, specifically women's basketball
• Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings. This includes working all home games and being available to work remotely on select road games if the opportunity allows
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment and demonstrate the ability to juggle multiple projects
• Quick learner who is able to adapt and excel in various environments
• Reliable transportation; use of personal vehicle to and from games and ability to work weekends, nights and holidays
The ideal candidate should be able to work most, if not all, home games at Wintrust Arena. There may also be opportunities for other non-game day help. Interns are required to be available in-person from May to approximately October. This is an unpaid internship. Students should be able to earn academic credit for their participation, but are not required to.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples in the application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.