Performance Team Assistant
Chicago BullsChicago, IL
Part Time Job
Performance Team Assistant (2018-19 Season)
The Chicago Bulls are seeking a talented, detail-oriented, and driven individual to fill the position of Performance Team Assistant. As an Assistant, you will support the Manager of Performance Teams in the day-to-day administration of Bulls dance and cheer teams, including the Chicago Luvabulls (25 dancers), Chicago Incredibulls (24 hype/cheer team performers), Junior Luvabulls (85 youth dancers parents), Swingin' Seniors (16 dancers), BullsKidz (16 dancers) and 312 Crew (12 dancers).
In this role, you will be part of a dynamic, dedicated, and creative team. Our team is committed to building a fan experience that is fun and entertaining, utilizing current pop culture trends and innovative production technology to help us leverage the game situation and create the ultimate home-court advantage for our basketball team.
This is a part-time position based on the following events:
• A minimum of three ''office days'' per work week (i.e. typical business hours Monday-Friday), not to exceed 30 hours per week.
• Included in the above 30 hours per week, the PTA may be required to attend select Bulls games or team events during nights or weekends throughout the season. The PTA's duties for games/events will start at performer call time and end when all necessary duties as directed by Manager of Performance Teams are completed after each event.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee all necessary office administration, including, but not limited to: human resource paperwork (new hire, background checks, employment agreements, NBA waivers, rules and regulations, contact sheets, etc.), payroll for all six teams (including the Master payroll spreadsheet), and choreographer bookings/contracts/travel/logistics
• Assist at all summer auditions and clinics with check-in paperwork (registration, waivers, etc.)
• Organize performer profiles for Athletic Trainers.
• Assist to secure performance team game dates on the Entertainment Schedule for the entire season, and then send out season game schedule to each team.
• Build performer game rotation and rehearsal schedules for all five performance teams for the season.
• Submit a monthly Music Schedule to the game entertainment department, which outlines the game date, performance teams, the name of their performance tracks and the length of each track.
• Attend weekly Bulls Game Entertainment meetings and collaborate with the entire department when needed.
• Build costume information sheets with apparel and costume sizes, Diva Hosiery tight order and colors, shoe orders, etc.
• Assist in researching, procuring, organizing and shipping out costumes/apparel to vendors for cleaning/repair.
• Assist in completing the game-day one-sheeters for performers with all relevant assignments (pre-game stations, live shots, contests, etc.).
• Schedule all dancer logistics on game days, including catering, parking, athletic trainer, tickets, travel (when necessary), etc.
• Send monthly content updates to Digital Department for performance team websites, etc.
• Keep track of all sponsorship social media obligations.
• Upload all game-day photos from in-house photographer and Photo Shelter to the shared drive after each game.
• Assist with performance team budget-tracking and logging.
• Send out the performer schedule for Windy City Bulls season (G-League team in Hoffman Estates, IL).
• Schedule all performance team transportation to Windy City Bulls games.
• Attend select Windy City Bulls Games as needed throughout the season.
You are a potential fit for this role if you have:
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in sports, entertainment or events related field
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Previous experience working in an administrative role with, or participating in dance or cheer teams
• Familiarity with scheduling and onboarding performers
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to articulate ideas both within the team and with other partners
• Knowledge of sports, game presentation, and basketball a plus
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have previous experience working for a sports team? [Yes/No]
• If so, which team(s) do you have experience working with?
• Do you have professional experience working in an administrative role in a face-paced environment? [Yes/No]
• Are you comfortable lifting boxes and event materials? [Yes/No]
• Are you located in the Chicagoland area? [Yes/No]
• Are you available to work game nights, weekends, and holidays? [Yes/No]