Checkers InternationalRemote, US
Full Time Job
Note: This is a fully remote position; applicants do not need to be located in Los Angeles.
About the Role
The Media Researcher plays a key role in the daily operations of Checkers. Using your internet research and writing skills, you will draft comprehensive reports on candidates for participation in unscripted television and other special projects. This is currently a temporary 3-month position with a possibility of renewal for additional weeks based on performance, interest, and availability. We are currently looking for people who can commit to at least 20 hours per week, with preference given to applicants who can work full-time 40 hour/week schedule. We are open to considering non-traditional schedules and our entire team works remotely. Training is provided and there are many opportunities for growth on the team with the right fit.
What You'll Do
• Conduct internet and social media research on candidates for participation in unscripted television and entertainment
• Compile research findings into comprehensive reports following Checkers' style guides
• Verify credentials
• Complete reference checks
• Stay up-to-date with best social media practices and trends
Who We're Looking For
• You can review large quantities of information and summarize it for easy consumption.
• You are an internet sleuth with in-depth knowledge of meme culture and social media trends.
• You are bilingual; fluent in writing and speaking English and Spanish
• You are detail-oriented, thorough, organized, and analytical.
• You have an investigative mindset and critical thinking skills.
• You are confident navigating various websites and platforms (e.g. Google, Reddit, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
• You meet deadlines and move from project to project with ease.
• You are proactive, resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changes.
• You enjoy reality television and pop culture.
Compensation & Benefits • Starting pay $18-20/hour while being trained with opportunity for raises at 6 months and 12 months based on experience • End-of-year bonus based on annual performance review • Opportunity for overtime at 1.5x hourly rate • Health, Dental and Vision insurance after 90 days with the company • 401k eligibility after 6 months • 12 days paid time off for full time employees or pro-rata for part time
Checkers is an investigative services company specializing in due diligence and background checks for employment, transactions, and other purposes with teams on both the East and West Coasts. We offer a fantastic team, progressive culture, and casual work environment with the opportunity for some flexibility in work arrangements after reaching certain milestones.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online