Senior Manager Media
Center Theatre GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager, Media
REPORTS TO: Creative Director
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time
STATUS: (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
BENEFIT STATUS: Eligible
This role is responsible for managing the advertising for the Ahmanson, Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatre, and to act as Brand Manager for the Ahmanson. You will proactively identify any new advertising opportunities that span the entire marketing and promotions spectrum, working with outside vendors and an in-house graphics team. You will plan advertising campaigns, with a special focus on digital advertising, advising on content and digital best practices. You will be responsible for the coordination and trafficking of all media on a daily basis, act as primary contact for Broadway touring reps, and work to compile end-of-show settlement reports for the Ahmanson.
• Create an overall strategy and manage advertising plan implementation for all Center Theatre Group productions.
• Work with staff and outside agency contractors for the scheduling and trafficking co-ordination of electronic advertising (radio and television), print, outdoor and digital; and associated promotional elements from concept through creative execution and delivery to media.
• Create, manage, and optimize marketing campaigns across multiple digital platforms.
• Manage the advertising budget for the Ahmanson, Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatre and work with media buying agency to place media. Create promotions with media partners to ensure that added value is occurring for every dollar spent.
• Work with Creative team to create digital content for all venues.
• Act as marketing liaison with outside producers and tour representatives to ensure that all productions are being serviced properly.
• Act as brand steward for the Ahmanson, ensuring that communications and other efforts align with brand objectives.
• Work with Marketing Strategy Director to define and lead single ticket sales strategy.
• Work with the Manager of Promotions & Events to cultivate and manage strong and meaningful partnerships with third party vendors to drive traffic to all venues.
• Use insights and research to develop compelling and relevant propositions and messaging.
• Uses Google Analytics to evaluate campaign ROI.
• Take a 360 degree look at all venues and ascertain specific needs based on long-term goals.
• Work with the Creative Director and in-house Graphics Department to create compelling images, key art, advertising front of house and collateral materials for the Ahmanson.
• Work with General Managers of all venues to ensure that sales and marketing efforts align with GM goals.
• Ensure that lobby engagement and signage at the Ahmanson is maximized for all productions.
• In collaboration with the marketing team, assist with the management and development of departmental interns.
• Assists with co-ordination of trade tickets, collateral and direct sales materials for on-air promotional events and media partners.
• Coordinates advertising on-site promotions and events as well as assists in retail, business, and festival events as needed.
• Recommend and help negotiate media sponsorships and bundling of advertising packages.
• Other duties as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
Knowledge and essential skills
1. Ability to maintain a positive attitude, an exceedingly well-organized work schedule and work under time constraints and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
2. Superb attention to detail.
3. Two years of media experience at an agency or entertainment company.
4. Knowledge of media buying best practices.
5. Digital ad buying experience preferred.
6. Broadway touring experience preferred.
7. A sense of humor, ability to maintain flexibility in the work environment and handle multiple tasks, and willingness to take initiative and work independently are essential.
8. College degree or equivalent work experience.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
COMPENSATION Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists-while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you're the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online