Center Theatre GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION TITLE: Production Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Production
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Hourly
BENEIFT STATUS : Eligible
DEPARTMENT : Production Département
Provide support for all Production Department staff.
• Manage the purchasing system for the Production Department and act as the point person for all finance related matters. This includes but is not limited to creating purchase orders and check requests, uploading credit card activity to the purchasing system, preparing reimbursements and petty cash requests and working with the Finance Department to make sure all bills and invoices are paid on time.
• Process the weekly payroll for IATSE employees in coordination with Production Management and The Music Center Production Office.
• Provide administrative support for the Director of Production including booking their travel, reconciling their credit card and managing their appointments and calendar as needed.
• Serve as primary liaison between Production Department and CTG's Information Systems department for all IT needs. Manage and track Production Department IT resources (software licenses, laptops, and other specialized equipment). Keep an updated inventory of these assets.
• Serve as the primary liaison with Music Center Security. Send out load-in and out memos and notify Security of visitors who require access to the Annex, rehearsal rooms and theatres.
• Order office supplies and maintain office equipment for the Annex production office.
• Maintain the Production Yearbook and Organizational chart.
• Arrange and coordinate celebrations, staff meetings, and other Production group activities.
• Assist production staff with production parking as needed at the Music Center.
• Manage the generic CTG Production voice-mail box and e-mail account. Respond or forward the messages as appropriate.
• Maintain the admin computer files on the production department server.
• Keep the Production Office and Production storage areas at the Annex neat, clean and organized.
• Calendar and Schedule Responsibilities:
a. Maintain the Season Planning Calendar and Quick Reference Sheet. Distribute calendars via e-mail, the Intranet, and hard-copy as appropriate.
b. Attend the Music Center (MCOC) Scheduling and Events and Parking meetings and ensure no scheduling conflicts exist. Make sure MCOC Scheduling has up to date show and production schedules.
c. Maintain all non-show specific Production Calendars (Coverage Calendar, Comp Calendar).
d. Assist the Production Managers in generating, updating and distributing all production calendars.
• Work on projects for the improvement of the Production Department as assigned by the Director of Production.
• Uphold company-wide safety protocol at all CTG sites. Participates in CPR, First Aid training and other required training.
• Other duties as assigned
• Maintain the Production archives at the warehouse and Annex.
• Act as a liaison for Production to other departments of Center Theatre Group and the Music Center.
• Assist production staff in shipping models and other production materials.
• Provide Production Management coverage at the Ahmanson Theatre as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties. All employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to Center Theatre Group's Personnel Policies and Procedures.
• Minimum requirements, knowledge and essential skills:
a. Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and other applicable computer programs. Heavy usage of Excel, Access and Outlook.
b. Experience using a computerized database.
c. Knowledge of live theatre production is preferred.
d. Excellent communication, ''people skills'', and a healthy sense of humor.
e. Strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
g. Ability to multi-task and work effectively while managing multiple deadlines and priorities.
h. Ability to work a flexible schedule including morning, evening, and weekend hours.
• Education, Experience and Licensing
a. Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
b. CPR/ AED/ First Aide training. Training will be provided by the company.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
COMPENSATION The position will receive a competitive compensation. CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, and life and long-term disability insurance.
At Center Theatre Group, we believe theatre creates an extraordinary connection between artists and audiences. As one of the nation's most influential nonprofit theatre companies, we provide the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it's producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages and backgrounds across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
Under the leadership of Artistic Director Michael Ritchie and Managing Director/CEO Meghan Pressman, we recognize that our mission is only fully realized with the passionate efforts of our staff. We collaborate across the organization to proudly continue our more than 50-year tradition of using the art of theatre to broaden horizons and illuminate new perspectives, be it on our stages, in communities across L.A., or with artists and theatre partners around the world.
As staff, we embrace our differences, celebrate our individuality, and share in our passion for art all while balancing professionalism and fun. We come together to see the shows across our stages, monthly all-staff meetings to share the latest happenings across the organization, meet-and-greets with cast and crew, opportunities to watch readings and rehearsals of new works, volunteer efforts around L.A., our hotly anticipated annual holiday party, playing with and cheering on our staff softball team, and outings to watch the Los Angeles Dodgers. And most importantly, we're committed to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are rooted in all levels and aspects of our work, including through our staff-led Affinity Groups.
At Center Theatre Group, we aim to attract, nurture, and retain staff in a supportive home where we can all be our best selves. And we ensure that our staff, audiences, and artists are appreciated, empowered, and inspired.
• Candidates must be able to pass a background check
• Center Theatre Group is not able to provide relocation assistance for this position.
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
• Staff members are expected to consciously and continuously promote the mission, values, programs and impact of the organization.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you're the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online