Center Theatre GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Responsible for supervising, training and dispatching the team of drivers in order to support general company needs, and the Production Department, in support of the Mark Taper Forum (MTF), Ahmanson Theatre (AHM) and Kirk Douglas Theatre (KDT).
• Dispatch drivers based on the needs of the company and Production department.
• Manage vehicle maintenance including vehicle purchasing and maintenance budgets.
• Maintain detailed records of all vehicle and facility maintenance, trucking runs and Driver schedules.
• Coordinate labor as required by the evolving needs of various departments.
• Assist the Operations Manager with the training of the drivers.
• Lead an effective and responsive driver team.
• Interface with vendors utilized by CTG.
• Conduct periodic walkthroughs and inspections of facilities.
• Act as primary point of contact for freight and deliveries.
• Place orders and pull stock for Production Department and other departments as needed.
• Execute, manage, code, and reconcile petty cash, credit card and PO purchases.
• Schedule companywide interoffice mail/package deliveries.
• Operation of company vehicles, forklifts, man lifts and order picker. CTG will provide training and certification when required.
• Ensure safety procedures are executed in the loading, unloading and transport of items from CTG Warehouse, Shop, Annex and various vendors for all CTG and Music Center spaces, as needed.
• Oversee the safe collection and disposal of hazardous waste for all CTG facilities.
• Ensure compliance with in-house safety procedures and compliance with regulations and applicable laws such as but not limited to hazardous waste and SDS's. This includes disseminating and posting OSHA requirements, facilitating training, purchasing and maintaining common safety equipment, recommending new safety practices or policies to the Operations Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties. All employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to Center Theatre Group's Personnel Policies and Procedures.
• Knowledge and essential skills
o Prior supervisory experience.
o Working knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Excel. Comfort with communicating via e-mail and phone.
o Strong and persuasive communicator, both written and verbal.
o Ability to coordinate multiple parts of a project, set priorities and follow through in a timely manner.
o Previous experience working in theatrical/live entertainment environment preferred.
o Spanish fluency a plus.
o Strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
o Confident Multi-Tasker.
• Minimum requirements
o Willingness and ability to work 40 hours or more per week on a flexible schedule.
o Ability to sit in a workstation, type and work with a computer for extended periods of time.
o Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weight up to 40lbs or more occasionally and 25lbs frequently.
o Must be able to work on a ladder and in hard-to-reach places.
o Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, reach and climb in various positions to perform tasks.
o Company required valid California driver's license with good driving record, which much be maintained at all times.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
COMPENSATION The position will receive a competitive compensation. CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, and life and long-term disability insurance.
Job Code: Operations Coordinator
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you're the best person for this job. Please include your salary requirements. Please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, via another source.
Send resume and cover letter along with salary desired. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online