Marketing Partnerships Director
Center Theatre GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Partnerships Director
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time/40 hours a week - Monday to Friday; some evenings and weekends required.
WORK LOCATION: Los Angeles. Currently some remote work until further notice. Will need to be on site at times this season with hybrid schedule to be determined.
COMPENSATION: Salaried. Starts $1,923.08 per week, equivalent to $100,000.16
BENEFIT STATUS: Eligible
• Develop and execute culturally-specific marketing plans for productions, ticketing programs, content campaigns, and institutional awareness that specifically target diverse audiences. Prioritize efforts around specific audiences to develop campaigns that will aim to grow awareness, ticket sales, content engagement, or other related metrics;
• Oversee In The House, CTG's new community ticketing initiative that distributes upwards of 5,000 free tickets per season to non-profits across Los Angeles as well as Theatre Access for LA. Work on marketing and communicating the program to external community partners and oversee the approval of groups for distribution;
• Identify new audiences and areas of focus for existing identified audiences and work with Director of Marketing and Marketing Strategy Director to determine opportunities and subsequent marketing tactics;
• Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to CTG's equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives and values and demonstrate an ongoing commitment to an anti-racist work culture;
• Set metrics for audience diversity with a five-year plan, with the goal of a 5% increase each year across all shows at all venues. Prepare quarterly reports on department progress to present to Leadership and the Board of Directors;
• Plan advertising buys with media buyers to ensure media is reaching diverse audiences (digital, broadcast, print, out of home). CTG is committed to spend $500k on multicultural advertising each/this season. Perform regular audits of marketing and advertising efforts, monitor key audience and industry trends; provide feedback and recommendations for adapting;
• Work with outside partners including Broadway producers and marketing representatives, advertising agencies, influencers, content creators, BIPOC group leaders, and more. Manage partners in the development and execution of audience-specific promotions and events including writing creative briefs, providing feedback, securing talent, and managing timelines and budgets;
• Serve as a thought leader, and engage the organization, marketing department, and other partners and vendors on embedding an inclusive and culturally relevant approach to cross-organization initiatives including authentic representation, storytelling, and language;
• Be knowledgeable of culturally-specific print, broadcast, and digital outlets and local writers/hosts, with a specific focus on Spanish-language media. Oversee media partner relationship with specific broadcast partners (Univision, Telemundo, Mereulo Media);
• Create partnerships with organizations across Los Angeles, including Downtown LA and Culver City, with the goal of increasing attendance and engagement across the city.
• Oversee Manager, Audience Development & Marketing Events. Guide them on creating opening night lists (15-20 opening nights per season) with an eye toward diverse audiences for every opening in collaboration with multiple CTG Departments, and collaborate on culturally specific events for audience development;
• Work closely with organization leadership on developing a roadmap toward achieving cultural fluency in marketing and audience development;
• Harness the capacity of Center Theatre Group's artistic, education, and community programming, along with artistic and curatorial expertise, in programmatic development and implementation; and
• Work with Marketing and Education & Community Partnerships staff to cultivate and manage strong and meaningful partnerships with community organizations. Develop collaborative projects that further the organization's mission and foster organizational strategic priorities.
• Develop and oversee expenditures related to the associated budget
• Collaborate with Institutional Advancement staff to identify funding opportunities and achieve programmatic sustainability
• In collaboration with the marketing team, assist with the management and development of departmental interns
• Other duties or projects as assigned
Center Theatre Group provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
• Spanish speaking preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience leading multicultural marketing, brand, or cultural strategy at an arts organization or agency
• Experience in developing strategic partnerships, audience development programs, and audience-specific advertising
• Demonstrated experience cultivating relationships with diverse audiences
• Excellent and authentic oral, written, and presentation communications skills
• Ability to work and collaborate with folks from many backgrounds and cultural experiences
• Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
• Broadway touring experience an added
• A sense of humor, ability to maintain flexibility in the work environment and handle multiple tasks, and willingness to take initiative and work independently are essential
• Ability to sit, type and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift, carry 30lbs
• Willingness and ability to work 40 hours per week. Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
• Availability to work on site as needed
COMPENSATION CTG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including retirement plan options, escalating paid vacation, sick, personal days and holidays, and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and employee assistance program. All employees are required to pass a background check. It is CTG's intention to have a workforce which is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the first date of employment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Center Theatre Group, we believe theatre creates an extraordinary connection between artists and audiences. As one of the nation's most influential non-profit theatre companies, we provide the broadcast range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, the Mark Taper Forum and the Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it's producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages and backgrounds across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, access, and inclusion are rooted in all levels and aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes and in the community.
As a nonprofit theatre, our mission has always been to reflect the community we serve and to harness the power of art to transform society. To that end, our organization is committed to bettering ourselves and embracing equity, access, and inclusion in all our work. In addition, we are committed to promoting an environment for our staff, artists, audiences, and colleagues that actively works against racism, harassment, and discrimination. Learn more about our organizational commitments here.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and supervising the Manager, Audience Development and Marketing Events, the Marketing Partnerships Director will be a key leader and contributor to the Marketing team. In furthering Center Theatre Group's mission of expanding access to theatre and engaging a broad and diverse audience, the Director will work with Marketing leadership to envision, develop, implement, and evaluate opportunities to elevate the organization's visibility and identity among diverse audiences. The Director will be responsible for a variety of initiatives including leading cross-functional teams in the development of marketing, advertising, and promotional campaigns and events that drive awareness, ticket sales, and engagement. This role is both strategic and tactical in nature, responsible for leading and championing new approaches as well as overseeing implementation. The successful candidate will bring a strong background in tailoring culturally specific but broad content marketing campaigns, proven track record of strategic acumen, campaign management and execution, and is an innovative and outside-the-box marketing strategist.
The ideal candidate has a background working directly with people from diverse racial, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds using a welcoming and inclusive approach. They are excited about storytelling and amplifying Center Theatre Group's programs to diverse audiences in a holistic and authentic way and are creative, proactive, thoughtful, and strategic.
Center Theatre Group's Marketing Department supports attendance (pre-pandemic) of upwards of 700,000 visits a year and boasts over 40,000 subscribers attending 15-20 productions per year at 3 venues. As we return post-COVID, audience building and outreach remain our biggest priority.
Tell us why you are the ideal person for this job.
Please send your resume and cover letter along with salary desired. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to the heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered. In the cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, other source.
No phone calls please. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online