Center Theatre GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Center Theatre Group seeks a Grants Writer to oversee the Institutional Advancement department's grants calendar and to prepare proposals and reports for institutional donors. The Grants Writer works closely with staff across departments to gather institutional information and data to maximize foundation and government donations and ensure stewardship of funders. Duties also include the production of correspondence and support documents as well as proofreading and editing responsibilities.
1. Manages institutional giving grants calendar to track submission and reporting deadlines
2. Writes proposals and reports to selected Foundation, Government, and Corporate Philanthropy donors
3. Produces correspondence for grant administration, including acknowledgements, queries, cover letters, renewal letters, and updates
4. Prepares documents as part of grant applications and reports, including budgets, expense reports, bios, and season play lists
5. Copyedits and proofreads proposals, applications, reports, and other documents
6. Supports management of portfolio of current and prospective donors with an emphasis on Foundation Officers through meetings, phone calls, and other donor cultivation strategies
7. Use Tessitura database to track cultivation, stewardship, and all prospect moves management steps for portfolio
8. Collaborates with Advancement Operations team to administer gift entry, reporting, stewardship, and research of current and prospective funders
9. Works across departments and with senior staff to collect data and ensure the accurate and persuasive articulation of CTG's mission and programs
10. Other administrative support and duties as assigned
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
Four years of college from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work history required. 2+ years' experience and proven success as grant writer at a cultural organization with an annual budget over $1 million is required. Fundraising for performing arts a plus. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and database systems such as Tessitura. Outstanding attention to detail, writing and proofreading skills, and an ability to prepare budget information for proposals and reports are essential. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, personable, and have an interest in theatre.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
COMPENSATION Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you're the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online