Center Theatre GroupLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: The Casting Consultant serves as the main point of contact for talent outreach and casting projects at Center Theatre Group. This position serves as the liaison between CTG and local actors in Los Angeles and covers monthly Actors' Equity Association open calls and any required seasonal Equity Principal Auditions (EPAs). Collaborate with CTG artistic staff to cast readings and workshops for Center Theatre Group as needed. The ideal candidate is a curious, flexible, creative person, able to work on multiple projects, with an upbeat attitude and collaborative spirit, likes problem solving, and will keep their cool and sense of humor while juggling multiple deadlines or priorities. Previous theatre experience casting necessary.
1. Coordinate and attend monthly CTG/Actors' Equity Association open calls
2. Organize and conduct AEA Seasonal Equity Principal Auditions (EPAs) and general meetings/auditions as needed.
3. Cast specific projects/roles in readings and workshops as assigned including understudies as needed.
a. Communicate with CTG Artistic and Management and project creative team regarding casting.
b. If auditions are required for projects/roles, draft audition sessions by scheduling and confirming appointments in conjunction with Casting Coordinator.
c. Record, upload, and/or edit video auditions and submissions as needed.
d. Work with Casting Coordinator and/or Management and Artists to facilitate offers to actors with agents, managers and attorneys, as applicable.
4. Attend bi-weekly casting check in meeting at CTG.
5. Read scripts for potential and scheduled productions, readings and workshops.
6. Attend all CTG productions including readings and workshops
7. Communicate as needed with agents, managers, actors and other CTG departments.
1. Research actor representation and check actor availabilities; acquire headshots and resumes
2. New Talent Outreach: Attend university showcases and productions at other theatres as assigned.
3. New duties depending on the casting needs of CTG.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
All employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to Center Theatre Group's Personnel Policies and Procedures.
A. Knowledge and essential skills
1. Knowledge of and interest in theatre. An enthusiastic theatergoer, always interested in discovering new talent essential!
2. Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
3. Ability to maintain good working relationships with agents, managers.
4. Must be able to multitask.
5. Must possess excellent organizational skills, research & literary skills, and be detail-oriented and self-motivated. Able to work independently, meet deadlines and prioritize.
6. Ability to work well under time constraints or while handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
7. Patience, initiative and ability to work with actors
8. High level of organization, professionalism and discretion.
9. Working knowledge of computers and software including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, email and databases.
10. Possess a sense of humor, flexibility, positive attitude and level head a plus.
B. Minimum requirements: Essential functions and abilities/ education/ experience
1. Previous experience in casting necessary. Theatre casting experience desirable. Experience working under AEA/LORT contracts a plus.
2. Accurate typing and database input ability.
3. Must be able to effectively and efficiently operate office equipment including telephones, copiers, fax machines, computers, etc.
4. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred (or equivalent work experience). Concentration in theatre a plus.
COMPENSATION The position will receive a competitive compensation. CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, pet insurance, and life and long-term disability insurance.
Job Code: Casting Associate
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you're the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter along with salary desired. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered.
In your cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, via another source.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online