Intern - Viral Social Media/TikTok Host
Celeb SecretsRemote, US
Part Time Unpaid Internship
COVID-19 UPDATE: Celeb Secrets' work model has changed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. All opportunities are now remote, and any assignment will be completed safely in the intern's home instead of the usual on-site.
Unpaid: Academic Credit Required OR for Experience Only
START DATE - IMMEDIATELY
END DATE - when your semester ends
Celeb Secrets is one of the hottest rising news sources for millennials. Based out of multiple entertainment capitals such as New York, Los Angeles, and Nashville, Celeb Secrets is looking for interns who are passionate about pop culture and celebrity news/entertainment.
All internships are unpaid and available to students or recent graduates that are looking for real hands-on experience. Applications will only be considered if you are seeking an internship for credit or for experience only. Interns will be expected to commit 3-4 days a week remotely depending upon assignments and number of required hours.
The unpaid internship is guaranteed to be a unique opportunity if you are looking to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. Our interns gain practical, real-world experience, and are trained to be able to work on high-profile assignments that mid-level professionals at competing publications work on. These assignments include but are not limited to reporting/reviewing trending news in all verticals of entertainment for our TikTok and Instagram accounts. The intern will also be able to represent the company at major red carpets, press junkets and photo/video shoots to give our followers behind-the-scenes looks at some of the hottest events in Young Hollywood and beyond.
Celeb Secrets' network in verticals across all forms of entertainment make our interns not only well-rounded, but prepared to tackle any type of assignment given to them throughout their professional journey.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD BE...
- Obsessed with pop culture and understand/appeal to the millennial and Gen Z audience
- Great at speaking in public or in front of an audience
- Comfortable in front of a camera and speaking to celebrities
- Able to show off their fun personality that exudes charm and confidence
- Unique individual that genuinely care about other people
- Able to be a team player, execute a ''never-give-up'' attitude, and understand the concept of ''constructive feedback.'' This is a learning experience at a rapidly-growing startup and most of the time the strategies are ''trial and error.''
- Savvy in tech, included but not limited to social media apps like TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Twitch
- Active on social media
- Able to follow deadlines set by social media directors, managers and CEO
- Collaborate with News & Features Team to brainstorm ideas for daily news stories to be posted on the website and social media handles
- Report on viral/trending stories - putting together a ''News Reel'' on the item and engaging the audience to interact with the story (that will ping back to the written piece from the N&F team)
- Produce roundups (either daily or weekly depending upon the content produced) that include the brand's most viral stories of the day/week that teases the viewer with the story, prompting them to ''click the link in bio'' to read more on our website.
- Hosting interviews, Q&As and sessions on the brand's Instagram and TikTok handles via IG Live and TikTok livestream feature (minimum 1 per week) with celebrities, musicians, social media stars, etc.
- Developing ''out-of-the-box'' content ideas for segments with talent - to be posted on brand's social media handles
- Assist social media coordinators in sorting through (and editing) video content in a vertical format for posting on Instagram Reels, IGTV and TikTok
- The candidate will ideally be the face of the brand's viral social media content. They will collaborate with the brand's other hosts and reporters to gain real-life experience while building a hosting portfolio.
Celeb Secrets is a digital organization specializing in entertainment. The media outlet covers breaking news in verticals such as culture, celebrity, politics, sports, music, movies, television, country, fashion, and lifestyle, making it a one-stop shop for its teen and young adult readers.
Created by Juliet Schroder in 2010 at the age of fifteen, the organization has become one of the fastest rising media outlets in its niche, making the homemade project become a bi-coastal business that's had representation at high-profile media events including the Golden Globes, AMAs, X Games, New York Fashion Week, and Stagecoach Music Festival, with over 100K collective followers across social media platforms.
The organization is a springboard for any individual that has a passion for a career in the entertainment industry. Showcasing a team of talented students and recent graduates, each member receives a true ''hands on'' experience that puts them ahead of their peers.
Job Code: Celeb Secrets Job Application - Additional Materials
This internship is open to anyone in the US or Canada that's able to receive academic credit. Others are still encouraged to apply, however, it will be for experience only.
The job posting is best for...
- News Analysts, Reporters, and Journalists
- Public Relations Managers and Specialists
- Writers and Authors
- Audio, Video, and Sound Engineering Technicians Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online